PDA

View Full Version : what do you do when you're hungry on sbd?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nawchem
Tue, Feb-14-06, 15:19
I posted this on the atkins thread, not sure that was the right forum. I eat 5x/day protein with every meal and not a lot of added fat, maybe a tb of butter on my veges. The thing is that my calories end up being 1200 ish and after a few days of that I'm hungry. I exercise everyday and that seems to really trigger it. I do eat eggs but I also have meals like cottage cheese/ blueberries, carrots/ peanut butter, chicken and veges. I eat very little beef and no pork.

Judynyc
Tue, Feb-14-06, 15:29
Hi! :wave:

I just ate hummus as my afternoon snack w/ 2 rye crackers. I will also take a 1 oz piece of light jarlsberg cheese for a snack. I've been known to eat a chicken breast too. Peanut butter on celery too.

Anything that I eat for a meal, I will also eat as a snack...whatever is in the fridge!! :idea:

skalar
Tue, Feb-14-06, 15:38
If I'm hungry, I eat. No bones about it!

If you are worried about calories, try laughing cow cheese on celery. Low in calories, but provides a little boost. I like to grab some pistachios too, because they take so long for me to eat so it feels like I'm eating more.

foxgluvs
Tue, Feb-14-06, 15:43
I eat smaller portions of whatever it is I had for the last meal....I always leave a tiny bit of leftovers in the fridge from the night before, that way, I always have a tiny bit of something legal to snack on :)

nawchem
Tue, Feb-14-06, 16:32
Those are all really great ideas. I've been limiting my food intake so much that after 6 days of hunger I blow up and eat tacos! So a little cheese and celery will definitely be an improvement. Hummus and cracker idea sounds so good too and the pistachios. Thanks so much.