PDA

View Full Version : check-in

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jonahsafta
Sun, Feb-12-06, 09:06
How is everyone doing????? :cool:

lizzyLC
Sun, Feb-12-06, 12:39
I'm doing well. Thank you for asking :)

How are you doing Jonahsafta?
Looks like you met your goal and then some :thup: That's super :thup:
I hope to achieve the same shortly.

see ya later

Jonahsafta
Sun, Feb-12-06, 18:35
LIzzy...yeah.I kept losing....and kinda settled at this number...

I love your quote......

mammac-5
Sun, Feb-12-06, 19:40
Hey, y'all.

Doing fine here. I started exercising seriously about 2 weeks ago and I can see some difference in my body, although I'm not seeing that belly measurement go down yet and that's the one I'm really after. Not losing any weight, but trying not to focus on that. That's easier said that done!

Jonahsafta
Mon, Feb-13-06, 06:37
Mammac...isnt exercise the BEST! What changes have you noticed since you started?...Ive been sick for the last 4 days, so exercise has been out of the question...oh how I miss it!

lizzyLC
Mon, Feb-13-06, 07:38
Been off "serious" exercising for a while. Back to pilates today and at least a 3 mile walk. It does make a difference.

Hope you feel better Jonah.

mammac-5
Mon, Feb-13-06, 10:45
I've been going to a gym for 2 weeks now, several times each week. I've worked up to about 25-30 min on the elliptical machine followed by 30 min on the treadmill. Then we take the kids into the pool as their "reward" for not tearing the joint up with we exercise! I usually swim a few laps (6-8) to work my shoulders/back/chest.

I can tell I'm building muscle in my legs, butt and arms. But the scale's not moving one iota. If anything, it's creeping up very slowly. But I'm trying hard not to sweat that, because I know that muscle is heavier tissue than fat and I've just got to wait out the whoooosh!

Bobi-p
Mon, Feb-13-06, 14:08
Hi Johahsafta...
Monday and sunny here today, expected high of 80. I'm taking some time off today because I worked the week-end to send out a project by FedEx by today. Done and over, hope it meets with the approval of the State. Got to teach tonite and am tired, but always love going in and talking to the students.
My weight loss is progressing, slower now it seems, but still going down. 13 lbs to go and I heard this morning that I'm getting really skinny! When I look over the monthly averages I'm still losing about 10 lbs a month, not stressing about it because I'm at the weight that is a normal range for me at 5'9", medium frame. I feel fantastic and happy that warmer weather is on its way. The pool looks very inviting, crisp, clear, and blue. Won't be long until I'm doing laps again!

Jonahsafta
Mon, Feb-13-06, 17:14
mammac...youre doing GREAT!
Bobbi......you dont work at R/C community do you???I was an aide there in my younger years!!! I love when the desert blooms...nothing more beautiful on earth...
Isnt it fun to be in the little sizes"??

Judynyc
Mon, Feb-13-06, 20:38
Isnt it fun to be in the little sizes"??

Oh my!! Yesssss!!!! I bought my first pair of Juicy Jeans last week. :hyper:

I got up the nerve to walk into one of those shops that carries sizes up to 10, maybe a 12. They were having a big sale and I wanted and needed a pair of good jeans, so what the heck!!

I figured that if I can wear a Levis size 10, then I'm good to go. She had 2 size 32s, one of which was the Juicy Jeans. I did not even try them on, just brought them home and had them shortened...they fit great!! I love them!!

I'm staying the same weight lately and this makes me happy. :D I'm eating well and am still staying close to my plan. I think that I'd like to get off a couple of pounds for the wiggle room but that will happen when it happens.

Jonahsafta
Tue, Feb-14-06, 06:55
Judy...what an absolute THRILL!!!
Mammac......what a wonderful role model you are to your kids!