PDA

View Full Version : Sb And No Fibre???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

xnikx
Wed, Feb-08-06, 04:17
im startin SB diet tomo and it says not to eat any cereal for the 1st phase, but i rely on that so im not constipated, so what other fibre am i meant to eat to prevent this as 2 eggs a day will make it worse? and do people use the yolk too? :help:

skalar
Wed, Feb-08-06, 11:31
You are supposed to eat a lot of vegetables, which contain a lot of fiber. I have had a lot of digestive problems in the past month (not all SBD related), and I have started taking Metamucil 3 times a day. It really does help with the constipation. I get the orange flavour, sugar free kind. It is really different than even 10 years ago... it's not all grainy, and it tastes like orange kool aid. So if you need a lot of fibre to stay regular, you may want to pick some up and try it. I even got my husband to start taking it, and he has had favourable results too.

foxgluvs
Wed, Feb-08-06, 12:10
Senna is good if you're constipated, you can get it from Boots. Skalar is right though, you should get enough fibre from veggies in the first few weeks just remember to drink plenty of water also, this will help flush you out. I have to report though, that I did get constipated in the first two weeks of SB, but it soon passes, and after a few doses of Senna I was sorted out in that dept!

xnikx
Wed, Feb-08-06, 12:14
thing is on sb diet i only like one veg and thats brocolli and wont be eatin that much of that, have ttried them sachet things b4 and that didnt work, tried senakolt and that didnt wrk neither only thing that sorted it a little was shreddies

way2goal
Wed, Feb-08-06, 12:18
you could try Benefiber...its a fine powder you add to water; NO taste...no carbs..and it works!!!!!!!!!!