PDA

View Full Version : New Day, tell me 02/04-what did you eat?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

miezimau
Sat, Feb-04-06, 10:19
BF: 1 egg omelette w/ Cheese and 2 Turkey Bacon, FF Sour Cream and Salsa, Coffee w/splenda and FF 1/2+ 1/2
Snack:
Lunch:
Snack:
Dinner:
Snack:

pamb
Sat, Feb-04-06, 10:43
Phase II

B - eggs, roasted peppers, ham, sauce (1 T mayo, 1 T non-fat yogurt, lemon)
S - Bannana, sf peanut butter
L - salad w/ grilled chicken, ranch dressing
S - none
D - stuffed cabbage
S - peanuts

boxerdog
Sat, Feb-04-06, 11:09
fiberone flax seed banana 1% milk
egg veggy quiche
sugar free biscotti
flounder fish veggy salad

cagmom
Sat, Feb-04-06, 11:31
Phase 2

b-1 sl.Ezekiel sprouted sesame bread with spray marg & 1 tb s/f spreadable fruit,1 c 1% milk for tea.

l-Large Reubin salad[saurkraut,l/f hot dog,mustard dress on bed of lettuce]

sn-1c l/f yogurt

d- salad with dress. 1 Hamburger on 2 sl Ezekiel bread ,green beans.

des- 1/2 c grapefruit sections

CAG

skalar
Sat, Feb-04-06, 13:55
Phase II:

Brunch: 1 egg, 1/2 c. egg substitue, 1 c. raw spinach, 2.5 oz salmon, 1/2 c. raw mushrooms all sauteed up in 1/4 tbsp. of olive oil. Then I added 1 tbsp. of cream cheese and mixed it all in to make it creamy.

Snack: ate 1/2 grapefruit w/ a tiny bit of splenda, and also a piece of skim mozza (.75 ounce).

Dinner: Planning pecan chicken (like the SB pistachio, but with pecans) and some kind of cauliflower side dish for veggies and a green salad. Edit: I've decided to make this recipe (http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/000933print.php). It sounds safe for Phase II.
Snack: May try the strawberries and dark chocolate SB recipe, since the kids are here this weekend and like to have a dessert.

foxgluvs
Sat, Feb-04-06, 15:56
Menu: Phase II

B: Omlette made with yellow peppers and leeks
S: Small nactarine
L: Roast chicken with broccoli, peas and carrots
S: Small apple
D: Crustless quiche with peppers and LF cheese

Water 70 floz

Judynyc
Sat, Feb-04-06, 16:51
b- 1/2 cup s/f yogurt, coffee w/ ff H&H and splenda
s/l- chicken souvlaki w/ salad
s- 1 fruit and nut bar, 1/2 cup chicken chili
d- salmon filet w/ mashed cauliflower

Souvlaki
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Souvlaki Platters for take-outSouvlaki is a popular Greek fast food consisting of small pieces of meat and sometimes vegetables broiled on a skewer. It may be served on the skewer for eating out of hand, in a pita sandwich with garnishes and sauces, or on a dinner plate, often with pilaf. The meat can be lamb, pork, increasingly chicken, and sometimes fish (especially swordfish).

The terminology of souvlaki and its variants is confusing and inconsistent. Depending on the context, the term 'souvlaki' by itself may refer to any of the variants. In some regions and some restaurants, the name shish kebab is used to denote a particular variant of souvlaki (e.g. with vegetables on the skewer), but it is essentially a synonym. In many regions, a gyros sandwich is called a 'souvlaki'.

The word souvlaki is a diminutive of souvla (skewer).

thirteenlb
Sat, Feb-04-06, 20:58
Phase 1
b- omlet with broccoli, 2 pieces of canadian bacon
snck- cucumbers and string cheese

l- chicken taco salad: chicken, lettuce, mozz, tomato, avocado

okra

definitely didn't eat enough, but it's late and I'd rather not eat than eat so late...maybe I'll have a pickle!

skalar
Sun, Feb-05-06, 12:32
Phase II:
Snack: May try the strawberries and dark chocolate SB recipe, since the kids are here this weekend and like to have a dessert.
I found that the amount of chocolate to the amount of strawberries is too high. You can half the chocolate in the recipe, and it still tastes delicious. I originally halfed it by accident, but now after making it that way, I don't think I'll switch back.

So anyone that makes the chocolate dipped strawberries, you really only need 1/2 of a square of chocolate per four strawberries. I'm really happy about this, because I was thinking I could really only have this once every few weeks. But with only 1/2 square, I may be able to indulge once a week to 10 days without much guilt. Woohoo!