PDA

View Full Version : Fat Or Sugar

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

xnikx
Fri, Feb-03-06, 23:32
i wanted a low carb cereal. i found two. but one had higher fat content, the other had higher sugar content. which is best for some one with pcos, get the one thats higher in fat or sugar??

LucyLiza
Sat, Feb-04-06, 07:29
What kind of fats? Are they broken down into saturated, etc. fats? Remember, not all fat is bad fat.

I don't know the "right" answer, but I'd have to say the one with the higher fat is better than the higher sugar.

xnikx
Sun, Feb-05-06, 00:25
yeh it was saturated is that the bad one?

Rosebud
Sun, Feb-05-06, 00:27
yeh it was saturated is that the bad one?
No, saturated fat is not bad. The only bad fats are "trans fats" aka partially hydrogenated fats.

And I agree that a low carb cereal with a higher fat content will be better than one with more sugar. :)

Rosebud:rose:

xnikx
Sun, Feb-05-06, 05:52
iv been lookin at carb levels of wat im eatin and there almost all over 20g and i heard in a post u shud stick to under 20g a day :o how is it pos with out livin on veg all day

camaromom
Sun, Feb-05-06, 12:54
That is the whole idea. No breads, grains, pasta, flour, sugar etc. Simply meat and vegetables to start. Later, in the program fruit, and higher starch vegetables can be added along with nuts and nut butters.

xnikx
Sun, Feb-05-06, 12:57
not even cereal tho? i thought that wud be like whole grains?

deirdra
Sun, Feb-05-06, 13:10
The idea of whole grains being good for you is a marketing ploy of cereal & junkfood companies. Grains are responsible for many allergic & immune responses. I avoid them, but do make a "cereal" out of ground flaxseeds, ground almonds, cinnamon etc.

xnikx
Sun, Feb-05-06, 13:15
duno if u no it but stuff like shreded wheat is what im talkin about not like coco pops or frosted flakes etc

wat about poridge u get frm shops? or museli

deirdra
Sun, Feb-05-06, 13:19
Porridge & muesli are high carb. You may want to check out the Recipe Forum, Breakfast Ideas. There are many low carb hot cereals you can make yourself (much cheaper). See for instance: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=143872&highlight=flax+cereal

xnikx
Sun, Feb-05-06, 13:21
thats why its anoyin cz i hav checkd all this kinda stuff and sum sites sed yeah to museli and pordige oats and others say no :s