PDA

View Full Version : Help....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sunny37ns
Fri, Dec-28-01, 14:00
I had a major cheat day....I don't know why....I was on such a high, 7.7 lbs in a week....how bad will this hurt me..I had 5 or 6 chocolates and a small peice of xmas cake...and 1 fruit cookie.....Im so angry with myself....once I started I could'nt stop......

How can I be so bad.....

Edwina :(:(

emcqueen
Fri, Dec-28-01, 14:49
Instead of beating yourself up.......your body would probably have done that....ie you will feel pretty yukkkkkkkkie!!!!!!
NOW: STOP AND START AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck, let me know how you get on.
Liz

Marlaine
Fri, Dec-28-01, 16:13
Originally posted by sunny37ns
I had a major cheat day....I don't know why....
Edwina

I think the most important thing is to find a way that this can become a learning experience. You say that you don't know <i>why</i> you 'cheated'. Maybe this calls for a bit of reflection. Ask yourself a few questions and try to find the answer. Something triggered you. Once you know...you can prepare to prevent the problem in the future.

And Edwina...Please don't put yourself down. You are human and made a mistake. Treat yourself as kindly as you'd treat a best friend.

Marlaine

EllieEats
Fri, Dec-28-01, 16:39
I agree with Marlene....

Sometimes the cheats are not because you had to have IT!!!!

Boredom, depression..... so many reasons.

Think it out and maybe you can do something next time BEFORE you fall off the wagon.

NOW------ just jump right back on!!! Don't wait another minute!!!

Ellie :wave:

TryAgain
Fri, Dec-28-01, 16:50
Don't sweat it. Just return to the diet again.

I am a chronic cheater. On other diets, this was always a diet because I never stuck with them long enough.

But I find that on low carb, I don't gain weight back. It's a really stable weight loss. For December, I decided to "bag it" and go off the diet. I was starting to cheat here and there, so I decided to just stop for awhile. I had occasional wine, candy, toast, etc.
I only gained back one pound. Went back on LC 2 days ago and have lost 2 pounds already.

I agree that once you start cheating, it's hard to stop. The carbs and sugar are truly addictive.

But just pull yourself together and clean up your act tomorrow. Focus on the progress you've made, and how much more you want the next five pounds OFF versus the temporary experience of tasting whatever the tempting item is.

Good luck. You can do it!

justme
Wed, Jan-02-02, 18:40
You know something.... I 'm a recovering alcoholic and just one
drink will send me for more..... Just like those bad carbs... if i have on I'll want to have another and another and another......etc.
Just don't have the first no no and get on here and find your encouragement ... Some times we can be so self defeating... Come on girl you can do it !!!!!!!!!! :roll:

daisy
Thu, Jan-03-02, 05:10
Those carbs are really addictive! I decided to have some time 'off the wagon' over the hols & have found it sooooo difficult to get back into the low carb routine I had going before. I found that some of the things I'd been craving (bread mainly) I really didn't like the taste of anymore, or weren't quite as good as I'd though. Not the roast potatoes, though... drool! :D

(Also, sugar seems to give me tummy ache & makes me run to the loo worse than any sweetener. Go figure!)

But think about it- how much would you have eaten over the holidays had you not been on this WOE? How much would you have put on? I'm convinced I'd have been over 150lbs by now & hating myself for it. Try not to beat yourself up. Take a deep breath & dive back in!

Take care, Daisy

:daizy: