PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Miss Mel
Fri, Feb-03-06, 06:51
I am very confused. I have been doing phase I for 3 weeks and have not lost ANY weight. HOWEVER, I can definitely see/feel a difference in my clothes. I bought pants recently and was able to buy a whole size smaller, same with some tops. But the scale hasn't budged. Can anybody explain this or am I just crazy? :help:

Judynyc
Fri, Feb-03-06, 08:44
If you would post a few days menus, I may be able to give you feedback.

Hang in there!! :thup:

JustAGirl
Fri, Feb-03-06, 08:52
Mel,
congrats on going down in size.
maybe if you list some of your average daily menus we can help. :)

jbartusch
Fri, Feb-03-06, 09:46
Are you working out alot with weights or anything?

JB

Miss Mel
Fri, Feb-03-06, 10:24
I work out, but not with weights. Just walking, for 60-90 minutes, 4x a week. Haven't worked out in a week though.

As for a daily menu:

B: 2 eggs with 2 slices Turkey bacon and green tea w/ splenda
S: Sugar Free Jello
L: Tuna (made w/ mayo) w/ celery or cucumber
S: cheese stick
S: almonds
D: fish (baked or grilled) with cabbage or broccoli
S: Fudgecicle (no sugar added
S: Almond Ricotta Creme

Note: I often eat more than one snack vs eating a big meal. I know this isn't on the plan but it's the only thing that keeps me from overeating.

Anything you guys could tell me would be appreciated. Also, since I haven't lost any weight, would it be ok to stay in Phase 1 until I do?

Judynyc
Fri, Feb-03-06, 11:28
I work out, but not with weights. Just walking, for 60-90 minutes, 4x a week. Haven't worked out in a week though.

As for a daily menu:

B: 2 eggs with 2 slices Turkey bacon and green tea w/ splenda
S: Sugar Free Jello
L: Tuna (made w/ mayo) w/ celery or cucumber
S: cheese stick
S: almonds
D: fish (baked or grilled) with cabbage or broccoli
S: Fudgecicle (no sugar added
S: Almond Ricotta Creme

Note: I often eat more than one snack vs eating a big meal. I know this isn't on the plan but it's the only thing that keeps me from overeating.

Anything you guys could tell me would be appreciated. Also, since I haven't lost any weight, would it be ok to stay in Phase 1 until I do?

OK....thanks for posting your menu.
Yes, you can stay in phase I for several weeks or as long as you are comfortable. I would not say this to someone with much less to lose. I still go back to phase I to clean up my food.

Are you drinking your water? Do you have any "going" problems? do you retain water easily? Have you been to your doctor for a blood test? Do you know if you have a thryroid porblem?

Sorry for all the questions.....your food looks quite good so I'm looking for other info. You may want to skip the bacon for a few days as it does have alot of sodium and if your body retains fluid easily, this may be your culprit. :idea:

JustAGirl
Fri, Feb-03-06, 22:30
Mel,
looks like you are doing very well!
i bet the pounds will soon follow.

Miss Mel
Wed, Feb-08-06, 11:11
Thanks for the input guys. I apologize for taking so long to get back to this thread.

Judy, I considered the fluid retention thing because that has been a problem for me most of my adult life. I also eat too much salt, which I'm working on and don't drink enough water either..working on that too. I've been drinking much more water now that I'm on SBD because I can't drink sodas, so that helps. So thanks!

JustAGirl, I've been thinking the same thing, so I'm determined to stick it out! Thanks!

foxgluvs
Wed, Feb-08-06, 11:26
Sounds like sodium could be part of your problem, but have you only just started out on low carb? If so then don't worry too much, if the inches are coming off, then the weight will surely follow on soon. I had exactly the same problem when I first started, and if it hadn't been for the measuring and seeing the inches coming off then I would never have gotten past the first 2 weeks - look at my stats now! I lost 10" from various places in the first 2 weeks alone!! Don't worry, it'll come off soon if you cut down on that dreaded salt!!

Miss Mel
Fri, Feb-10-06, 15:13
Foxgluvs--what impressive results!! Thanks for the encouragement. I didn't consider measuring myself, but now I will. I know I have to look for other measures of success besides the scale, so thanks for giving me another!! :)

Miss Mel
Fri, Feb-17-06, 09:06
Just wanted to update you guys. Since starting this program on 1/16, I've lost 9 pounds! It was slow going, but I stuck with it and it's coming off! I think part of the reason that I didn't lose the intial big amount was because the way of eating wasn't really drastic for me. I already eat a lot of veggies, fish and lean meats (no beef or pork in 10 yrs) and was already working out. So the initial loss didn't come. But now, with the workouts and cutting out the other bad carbs, I'm seeing results! Thanks for all of your advice! :)

skalar
Fri, Feb-17-06, 10:43
Excellent! You need to update your stats to reflect your loss. Makes me feel better each time I see my progress % go up. :)

Miss Mel
Fri, Feb-17-06, 10:44
Thanks, I just did that!

foxgluvs
Fri, Feb-17-06, 10:55
congratulations!! Nice to see you got that scale moving in the right direction :)

skalar
Fri, Feb-17-06, 12:38
Thanks, I just did that!See, now when I look at your profile, it's so impressive that you are almost 10% there. Congratulations and keep up the good work!!!! :thup:

Judynyc
Fri, Feb-17-06, 15:35
Thanks, I just did that
Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 301/292/200
BF:
Progress: 9%

Yayyy!!! Way to go!! :thup: :D