PDA

View Full Version : Vermont or anywhere!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sukey
Thu, Dec-27-01, 18:01
large ======================== Hi! anyone that wants to contact me , I'm here.I 'm trying to get going on the Low-carb plan again.I admit, I have been straying quite a bit.I just don't have the support around me.I would love to talk to anyone on the plan.....Thanks,Sukey

LC Sponge
Thu, Dec-27-01, 18:19
Hi - I'm on Atkins - and I dream of spending "Christmas in Vermont" :)

Maybe next year (sigh) anyway - you'll find gobs of support here - many of us on are on Atkins and the others are on all sorts of interesting low carb plans. Good luck to you! Post often. That's how support works ;)

patrizia
Tue, Mar-12-02, 14:40
This seems a little bit sad to me--this was your last post.
Does that mean that you didn't find the support you were looking for? Or are you not low-carbing any more?

And if not, why not?

Patty

sukey
Wed, Mar-13-02, 15:38
Hey Patty, yes I do need some support,I really love the low carb way,but I can't seem to stick to anything lately.I am going to keep trying though. how are you doing? what type of exercise do you do? ...........Sue

stgagnon
Mon, Aug-18-03, 06:33
Hello:
I see that you posted this a LONG TIME ago.. but maybe you are still out there.
I'm from Vermont too!
I live in North Hero, work in Colchester.
I have basically taken the summer off from Atkins. Fall is fast approaching, and I'm (almost!) ready to get back on the wagon. My waist is certainly ready.
How about you?

-Suzanne.

Chillygatr
Mon, Aug-18-03, 06:41
:wave: I thought I was the only one from Vermont here! Isn't it miserable trying to find food? I have to order everything off the internet. Have either of you found a store here to get "the extras". You know the little helps that can make or break this WOE? I'm from Chester (south of Ludlow) :wave:

stgagnon
Mon, Aug-18-03, 06:51
Hi!
Yes, LC foods are hard to come by here.
When I travel to CT to visit my mother, I usually stop in at the health food store that she goes to, and I buy truckloads of KETO hot cereal.
Around here, I have noticed that Shaw's is carrying a more complete line of the Atkins products, including the ice cream. (Tastey but $$$ by the way). And there are EAS shakes/bars at Hannafords. But I have pretty much given up on those since I have discovered the KETO cereal. Cheaper and more satisfying.
I buy Black Soy Beans at a health food store in Burlington and my husband make a killer chili with those.
Thats about it for groceries around here, that I am aware of.
I recently ordered the LC Tortillas.. pretty good! I'll be ordering more.
Last winter my devotion to the WOE was combined with the challenge of cooking/baking LC.. making cakes and ice cream and breads myself. That was fun.. but summer came and my interests shifted from kitchen to garden.. so I'm a bit more *active* but my eating has become sloppy. Well, winter is approaching and I plan to start cooking more again.

What are your favorite "extras" ?

S.

patrizia
Mon, Aug-18-03, 07:18
I work in St. Johnsbury, and there's a great health food store here that has alot of low carb stuff. I even bought LC pasta this week, but I haven't tried it yet. Littleton NH is less than half an hour way and there's another HFS with a good LC section, too.

I bought LC "Cheeter's" brand cinnamon bread and Keto crumbs on the internet. I can't stand the bars, and I try to stick to real food instead of the substitutes.

Gooberb
Wed, Oct-22-03, 12:30
I live in Essex Junction.....nice to see Vermonters here

Chillygatr
Tue, Jun-01-04, 12:09
Somehow, I lost track of this thread.....sorry. I'm still here in Vermont and still hanging in there with this WOE. Stgagnon asked what my favorite extra is, well it's the Flax o meal granola. I just love it. But I have to limit myself becasue it does contain a lot of malotin. I find that any of the Malotin rich sugarfree chocolate goes right thru me. Nasty and uncomfortable so i don't do those. I also make my own dessert from whipping cream, SF jello, cream cheese, and cottage cheese. Just whip it all together in the blender and chill. Hope to hear back from some Vermonters.

Change13vt
Wed, Oct-06-04, 14:13
Hi everyone!
I'm in Burlington and been low-carbing it for about 3 1/2 weeks now. Cool to see Vermonters on here. I've found LC stuff here and there but boy has our grocery bill gone up since starting Atkins! This way of eating doesn't come cheap I guess. But, I have lost almost 10 lbs and I feel really good so it IS a good investment. Anyone want to start an email chain or something?? Would be great to share recipes and/or support and good products discovered.
I jsut made the pumpkin cheesecake mousse that someone posted in the "kitchen" area of this website and boy is it good! Very easy and yummy.
Take care all,
Amy

Chillygatr
Thu, Oct-07-04, 07:15
Hey Change, Welcome to the low carb lifestyle. I've been really bad lately and have gained some weight back :nono: I've decided to read teh South Beach diet just to try soemthing a little different. I'll let you know how it turns out. I agree that this WOE is a bit expensive. All the beef really adds up. I've found that the low carb foods are extremely overpriced. You'll do better to make most of your food yourself. It'll taste better too. Beef Jerky is easy to make, and many people cook cheese till it gets crispy for snacks. that's much cheaper than buying the Atkins Crisps. Good luck and enjoy the beautiful fall weather.