PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Shake?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tinkerszs
Sat, Jan-28-06, 22:02
Am I dreaming or had someone come up with a Phase 1 breakfast shake that was yummy?

nedgoudy
Sun, Jan-29-06, 00:13
See my post here:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost.php?p=5896017&postcount=60
And here:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost.php?p=5900761&postcount=72

In addition, you can check out the following
link to see what kind of product I am talking
about. I buy my 5 lb. containers at Sam's Club
for about $18.00, which is about TWICE as cheap
as you'd pay in a health food store. I pay $18 for
the same quality (high) that you see on this link:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/worldclassnutrition/ulwheypro5lb.html

Hope you find this information helpful.

jbartusch
Mon, Jan-30-06, 07:54
I drink a protien shake, I cant remember the name of it offhand right now, I will get it for you later. I just read the ingredients and made sure it did not have any bad fats and any carbs. It is a carb free shake and has 0 sugar and only one gram of fat and 0 grams of sat. or trans fat. I get it at walmart near the pharmacy area. I think as long as the shake doesn't contain any carbs or bad fats it should be ok. I will get you the name later.

miezimau
Mon, Jan-30-06, 09:04
JB, I get my Whey Protein Shake at Walmart, too Chocolate Flavor. Very little carbs, No sugar and no bad Fats.

I do however not drink it every day. I have one 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) cause these are my Weight lifting days.

skalar
Mon, Jan-30-06, 09:22
I make a breakfast shake...

1/3 to 1/2 c skim ricotta, 1/2 c. milk, 2 tsp cocoa, 3 splenda packets, 1 tsp instant coffee, ice and blend. Delish!!!

And it's phase I safe. I count the 3 splendas and the cocoa to my 75 calories of sweet stuff.

sweetness2
Mon, Jan-30-06, 11:27
I drink the atkins shake at work when they serve us carb heavy foods. not bad it has like 1 gram of carbs in it.

shopgirl28
Mon, Jan-30-06, 12:50
yeah; i've done sbd and atkins and the atkins shakes are good because they don't have the typical sugar alcohols in them; they don't cause me any distress and they have, I think 4 grams of fiber. The chocolate one is the best flavor, IMO

tinkerszs
Mon, Jan-30-06, 18:13
Skalar ~ I was looking foryours. Can you tastethe ricotta? Does it fill you up?

jbartusch
Tue, Jan-31-06, 07:42
Ok, the one I drink is the Advant Edge low carb shake. It has 2 carbs, one being dietary fiber, and zero sugar carbs. I drink the vanilla one, it tastes better to me. It has only 100 calories and zero fat. I think you can get it anywhere really, it is a silver container shaped like a coke can. Good luck!

shopgirl28
Tue, Jan-31-06, 08:38
jbartusch- I drink the chocolate advant edge shake...that one has 2 grams of fiber..i think it tastes much better than the vanilla..although this one has 3 grams of fat and 100 cals. Worth a shot!

Miss Mel
Tue, Jan-31-06, 08:55
Are these acceptable for Phase I? Can't seem to get an answer on that! ;)

boxerdog
Tue, Jan-31-06, 09:44
Yes. Phase 1 friendly.
I have one after my evening workout out, with a banana and tablespoon of Peanut Butter with 1% milk. It is extremely filling, healthy and delicious.

I use EAS whey protein brand chocolate flavor! :yum:

skalar
Tue, Jan-31-06, 11:46
Skalar ~ I was looking foryours. Can you tastethe ricotta? Does it fill you up?
Nope, the ricotta just adds thickness so it seems like a real milkshake. I can't taste it all. And it does fill me up... but then, I'm never really hungry for breakfast in the morning.

bethsmth
Tue, Nov-18-08, 19:40

1/3 to 1/2 c skim ricotta, 1/2 c. milk, 2 tsp cocoa, 3 splenda packets, 1 tsp instant coffee, ice and blend. Delish!!!

And it's phase I safe. I count the 3 splendas and the cocoa to my 75 calories of sweet stuff.

Thank you so much for posting this. I was losing it quickly when I found this post and made the shake. It's perfect.

donnaliz67
Wed, Nov-19-08, 08:25

That sounds good - gonna have to try that. I'm always looking for new breakfast ideas cause I'm not an egg-lover. Used to love breakfast shakes, but haven't had them since I've been on SB cause all my old recipes had too many carbs - but this could work!!

TinyKitten
Wed, Nov-19-08, 09:22

:yum: Ohhh....I can't wait to try this. Thanks for the recipe girly!

donnaliz67
Mon, Dec-01-08, 07:13

Finally got around to trying this today. It's really good - thanks for the recipe!