PDA

View Full Version : Time Frame

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GosnellGrl
Wed, Dec-26-01, 15:35
Hello,
I am new to the low Carb way of life. i just started today and was wondering about how long it will take for me to lose 30 lbs?

tamarian
Wed, Dec-26-01, 15:53
Originally posted by GosnellGrl
Hello,
I am new to the low Carb way of life. i just started today and was wondering about how long it will take for me to lose 30 lbs?

Welcome aboard Gosnell.

No one can answer this question, as it would depend on so many factors. Age, body fat ratio, lean body mass, metabolism, previous dieting habits, current methods, activity level, among other things including genetic factors.

Best thing is to just do it, for you health and well being, and accept the improvements as they happen.

Wa'il

Natrushka
Wed, Dec-26-01, 16:18
If you're not adverse to losing an arm or leg it could take minutes ;)

In all seriousness there are many things that will effect your rate of loss. Have you ever yo-yo dieted? Are you on any medications? Do you exercise? Are you eating enough to sustain a fat loss? How much water are you drinking? How much weight do you have to lose?

Women can safely lose 2 lbs of body fat a week; men 3 lbs. When starting out you'll lose more scale weight than 2 lbs, typically, but less than 2lbs will be fat, most of what you see reflected on the scale will be excess water.

The goal of LC is not rapid weight loss, it is sustained permanent fat loss. You did not gain the fat overnight, you're not about to lose it that way either (short of the limb option detailed above). If you take the time to do this right you'll not only end up happier and healthier than you are now, you'll have learned the necessary tools and skills to maintain once you reach goal.

Nat

Millie
Tue, Jan-01-02, 14:21
Hi

I would have to agree with this - there are several elements that affect weight loss. I HATE excercise, but found that on the diet, I had more energy and so began to walk faster and ound this helped. All I have done so far, and I know I should be doing more, but I have stuck to the diet for 6 weeks, started to walk faster and remained positive and I have already lost 12lbs.

I found the attitude really helps!!

Keep it up, time and effort will tell

:)

Sunsea
Thu, Mar-22-07, 18:29
Everybody is different...2-4 lbs a week may be a good idea of weight loss...and again....depends on your age, medications taken, M or F, exercise level (or not).........just get going on it and see the pleasant results... =)

ElleH
Thu, Mar-22-07, 18:39
Your profile says you're 5 feet 7 inches tall. If you currently weigh 148 pounds, as you stats say, then you are already in or very near a healthy weight range for your height. There's no way to say how fast you'll lose 30 pounds. I lost 30 pounds in about 5 months, but I was almost 50 pounds overweight. Good luck!