PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

K-Louise
Mon, Dec-24-01, 00:07
I love the idea you guys have of breaking down your goals into more short term marks. I have 117 pounds to lose, and although I know its achievable, it seems a long way off.

So, I started at 291. I'm going to change my eventual goal of 170 to 250.

Losing that first 41 pounds is going to feel GREAT.

When I get to 250, I'll change it to 225 and so on.

I love this site. I'm on holiday right now, and I've been able to spend a lot of time surfing around.

It's summer here, and very hot. I'm going to be doing a lot of swimming as soon as the christmas madness is over.

I'm going to my brother's for Christmas. I'm taking a ceasar salad and some sugarless jelly. :Party: There will be plenty of BBQ prawns (I think Paul Hogan called them shrimps in america), big fresh ones. Roast chicken and baked ham. Easy.

I started my journal entry yesterday too, so I'm here for the long haul.

Have a great Christmas Eve everyone :wave:

Kim

Victoria
Mon, Dec-24-01, 02:01
K-Louise,
Just wanted to say hi and welcome you. I first looked up your post because my sister's name is Katy Louise. Thought maybe she had found this forum too. I too think it is good to focus on small goals or it can be overwhelming to think of ALL that weight that needs to come off. I know I will feel a great accomplishment when I hit 250.

Must be odd to have Christmas when it is warm and summery weather. Have you always lived down under? I'm from California, and Christmas to me is overcast, cold and sometimes foggy. Not the serene white Christmas for us. But it's what I'm used to. :rolleyes: Have a wonderful Christmas and hope to see you around here alot. :wave: Victoria

K-Louise
Mon, Dec-24-01, 04:21
Yes, always lived in Sydney. I do travel a lot though. I often end up in Boston or Amsterdam in early January for work, and it is quite a wonderful thing for me to see all the christmas decorations in the snow.

Christmas is quite a different experience, and yes strange. Seeing all the decorations with snow and fireplaces is very un-Australian. I have memories always of the beach and swimming and getting sunburned. We have given up the traditional english christmas lunch finally. Christmas lunch for us now is BBQ prawns (the big ones) and baked ham and salads. Perfect for me :yay: I've just finished making a locarb desert to take along to my brothers so I don't feel left out when everyone is tucking into plum pudding. My dad is diabetic, so he can join me in this cheesecake I've made.

We will no doubt end up in the pool after lunch taking a swim. Its been VERY hot here, probably 95 to 100 degrees or so tomorrow.

Anyway, you enjoy your cool cloudy christmas :p

Thanks for your reply

Kim-Louise

Sh'ra
Mon, Dec-24-01, 14:02
Here in Missouri, US, it is cold (finally), but not snowing; we will occasionally get a white holiday, but usually it's brown and cold :)
Welcome to the forum!

Sh'ra

bushong6
Wed, Dec-26-01, 17:43
Hi Kim! It's nice to read and get to know you a little better. :)

I think it is a neat idea to break it down into short-term marks also and I'd actually been wondering if that is what some had done when I saw their numbers. Now I know that must be the case! ;) I think I'll leave my numbers where they are on here, but I have Yahoo! set up as my homepage and there is a new weight-loss tracker on it that I can set up my short-term goals on and see myself progress on it. :D That should be perfect!

Australia sounds so beautiful and very exciting! I always had the dream of going there when I was younger. I wish you the very best and look forward to hearing how you are doing. Here's to that first 41 pounds!... :)