PDA

View Full Version : countdown to 275

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lessara
Wed, Dec-19-01, 11:16
Anyone trying to just get to 275?
I have been for a few months now. Just 14 more lbs to go!
I've been considering going back to induction to see what would happen. It would make breakfast hard again that's for sure!
(I can't eat alot of eggs). Got to increase the water.
How is Christmas being handled? I have to go to my sisters so I'm treating her meal like mini meal (I can only eat the poultry) and making a LC dinner at home with a friend. :D

alto
Wed, Dec-19-01, 11:19
Good idea! I wish I'd started a Countdown to 275 when I first came! I always looked at 250 and sighed and said, "Oh, well, I guess eventually."

I think breaking down the journey helps tremendously. I think going back on induction is a good idea, too. It's like taking a refresher course, or the beginner's class. It reminds you of what the rules are. Good luck, Lessara.

Lessara
Wed, Dec-19-01, 11:24
I will let you know how I'm doing. I plan to post my results on this tread - That way I won't forget were I put it ;)
Oh...I'm getting a scale for me for Christmas so I'll know my weight! :D

bushong6
Fri, Dec-21-01, 13:43
Lessara, I would really like to join you in the countdown to 275 here in a couple of weeks when I start Atkins. :) I just found this website today and posted my introduction. Look forward to getting to know you better and support one another!

Victoria
Sun, Dec-23-01, 10:56
Hi Lessara,
I feel like I'm following you around this forum. We are at almost the same weight. So yes, I look forward to 275. I think little goals are do-able. I hope to get there some time around the first of the year. Not necessarily Jan. 1st, but sometime in January. I really wish you were in my hometown. We could go walking together or something. But I'm here in California, and you in New Hampshire. Oh well! I think it's nice to have a walking buddy. So much more fun to walk with someone instead of all by yourself. I take my nine year old with me. It benefits both of us. ;) And we enjoy each other's company, (My baby). Well, hope to share our success together. See you on the way down! :wave: Victoria

Lessara
Sun, Dec-23-01, 11:02
Oh you sound like a great walking buddy! My 11 year old walks with me nowadays. (I wish my daughter did, she could use it) and its a great one on one thing to do with my son. Manchester is a great city to walk in. There are all these old 100 year old buildings of brick and parks just within a mile radius of my apartment! So hows the weather in California?

Sh'ra
Mon, Dec-24-01, 13:51
Lessara,
Okay, start this one because small goals are much more "doable" as our good friend Victoria stated, BUT don't forget us, any of you, over at the countdown to 250 thread. We'd miss you :)

Welcome to the forums, bushong!!! Glad you're checking in before you get started. That way you'll be much more prepared when you do start.

Shalom, all
Sh'ra

Victoria
Tue, Dec-25-01, 01:39
Lessara,
Your town sounds lovely. Very picturesque! I live in the Central Valley of California, lots of agricultural land and mountains on either side-west and east. The weather is generally foggy and cold. Cold like 30 and 40 degrees, maybe even 50...So I know that isn't cold like Michagin cold. But it feels cold to me.

Well, just stopped in to say hi. I should be wrapping presents and filling stockings! ;) Victoria

Sh'ra
Thu, Dec-27-01, 09:40
How are you all doing? Just wanted to send some encouragement your way. (Besides, I'm addicted to the boards, and will use any excuse to say something). How were the holidays?

Victoria and Lessara,
Both your homes sound lovely. I'm in the Missouri hills, just on the edge of the Ozarks. It's a pretty area, with lots of rolling hills and woodlands. It's cold right now - brrrrr! Wish it would snow - we've had a flurry or two, but no real snow, and if it's going to be cold, it might as well snow! :D

Shalom and joy to all!
Sh'ra

alto
Thu, Dec-27-01, 10:00
Hi, Lessara. Did you get your scale?

I found an old scale in the back of a closet that I thought I'd tossed out (it was a small travel scale, but always very accurate) and of course jumped on it and was 8 pounds heavier than on my other scale! This morning I borrowed a neighbor's scale that she says is very accurate, and yes, it was 8 pounds heavier. So I've changed my stats! I'm in the countdown to 275 group, at least for a week or so!

bushong6
Thu, Dec-27-01, 17:45
Okay, gals...I'm starting tomorrow! 275, HERE I COME!!! :D

Victoria
Fri, Dec-28-01, 09:04
Okay Shauna,
Today's the day...you are getting started. Hope all goes well. Just remember, LOTS of water. When I started I had just read a book and got started on my own. I didn't have the benefit of this forum and all the information here. I think I didn't realize how important the water thing was, until I read it here. So just wanted to remind you---WATER! We are here for you! :wave: Victoria

Lessara
Wed, Jan-02-02, 11:43
Hi I'm back!
Update:
I got the scale! Weighs up to 330.
I got home and weighed myself and thought it was wrong.
So I weighed my son. It was right. I had losed a pound.
How? I wasn't low carbing for a week! Well this morning I weighed myself - just for you guys :rolleyes:
I weighed 283! I started Induction over again this past Sunday.
Its not bad at all. I actually feel very good! :)
My Christmas wasn't bad at all. Tony and I had a blast!
So how did all of you deal with the holidays?
Heck, how are you all now :)

Victoria
Wed, Jan-02-02, 19:48
Hi Lessara,
I knew you said you'd be gone for a little while. But I kept looking at this thread to see if you were back. Good to see you again. Good news with the scale! I hope you had a lovely holiday. Induction again? Sounds like that what everybody is doing after the holidays. Me--I'm just plugging away. I've lost a few more pounds, but mostly from having the flu. Not a nice way to lose, but I'll enjoy the loss. :rolleyes: Victoria

Sh'ra
Thu, Jan-03-02, 10:52
Lessara,
Glad you had some good news! I lost three pounds over the holidays due to illness (Victoria and I must be breathing the same air current :) ).

I'm kind of inductioning right now, though since I've been sick, I can't abide too much meat, so I'm adding a nut here and there. I haven't been able to stomach eggs, either. Just mainly been eating vegis, chicken or beef broth, nuts, and some cheese. I know that's not enough protein, but I'm getting back on my feed bit by bit.

Shalom, all!
Sh'ra

Lessara
Thu, Jan-03-02, 11:15
So glad to see you! Hope you and Victoria get better!
I'm alittle worried. I weighed myself and I weigh 280! I lost 3 lbs from yesterday! Just letting you know whats been happening this last few weeks. Because of Christmas and all, my money has been very short. I've been spending $50 on food for my whole family and Tony. Last night for example we had a chicken breast each with a little bit of broccoli/cauliflower. We are all tired and weak. We have to go for another week like this then money will be much better. I actually returned my scale to refund the $50 it cost! I'm not asking for help just a compassionate ear.
This morning I weighed my children and Jenna lost another pound making that 3lbs this past week. And Christopher lost 4! Tony, who can't go on a scale has lost 3 inches around his waist and and inch everywhere else. I have lost 9lbs in a week. To me, this is too fast. Poor Tony is going through carb withdrawals and is hungry all the time. I'm buying more meat and cans of tuna, tonight. Phew! That was a mouthful. But sometimes its great just to say what's on your mind. Lets face it, $50 doesn't go as far per week on an LC plan vs any other way of eating... :rolleyes:

Kathie36
Sat, Jan-05-02, 15:36
I didn't get a chance to join the 299 countdown and when I went to the gym this morning and weighed, I was at 297.8. I thought I better join the group before I miss out on anything during our journey.

Lessara sorry to hear about your touble. Christmas did it to me too. I don't know how old your kids are but I would buy some rice, beans and potatos for them. I know it's not lowcarb but they need to eat. It should be better for everyone after a few weeks and we all get caught up.

Take care

Kathie36

Victoria
Sun, Jan-06-02, 14:40
Whoo hoo, I'm almost there! I woke up today and my scale was singing to me. I've lost another 2 pounds, so I only need to lose another 3 to get down to 275! Yeah! And I had Lasagna last night! It was No Noodle Lasagna, but what a trip to lose weight after having Lasagna. Well, anyways... :cool: Yippee! Victoria

K-Louise
Sun, Jan-06-02, 16:24
Well, I originally thought I was gonna lose weight so fast in the beginning I would go straight for the 250 goal initially. Seems it has been a little tougher than thought for me to drop the pounds, so I need to focus on getting down to 275. HI :wave: here I am.

I'm sure you will all understand when I say that I hope my visit here in this forum is a short one :D

Kim

Lessara
Mon, Jan-07-02, 11:24
Victoria - how do you make no noodle lasagna? I know what you mean. I have to lose only 5lbs to be at 275.

Sh'ra - How are you feeling? I was worried about you.

This weekend went really well. I made some new recipes. I made Cauliflower rice with cooked diced peppers and green onion
(I had made curry chicken and put it over it... Mmmmm)
I also made zuccini fettagini (Man oh Man I can't spell!) with a lemon alfredo sauce (again, Mmmm). I made almond crusted chicken with that. Which was good but... abit too nutty for me.

Victoria
Mon, Jan-07-02, 16:13
Hi Lessara,
This is the website I found the No Noodle Lasagna: http://www.laguna2001.com/barbo/index.pl

But there's also one on this site.(I found it in the Quick n' Easy Diner section) Only the difference is the one I made had zucchini sliced lengthwise to be pretend noodles. I liked it that way because it gave some crunch and texture to the meat and cheese mixture.

Always good to see your lovely face K-Louise. ;) I'm sure we all understand how you feel. But I'm sure we can all go at this together. :D Victoria

Lessara
Tue, Jan-08-02, 11:26
Thanks, Victoria! I didn't find the no noodle Lasigna but I did find a great almond crust recipe :p

I'm doing ok. I've been feeling very fatigued but I'm sure its from all the housecleaning I've been doing plus work. I'm hydrated so I know its not water. I am alittle hungry but I've been getting three meals... I'm trying to split my lunch between 11 and 1 to see if that helps. How are the rest of you doing?

Lessara
Mon, Jan-14-02, 11:11
I got my scale back again on Sunday... I weighed 286. I'm not unhappy about this mainly due to the fact I had such a weird weekend and its probable the result of it that I gained 6lbs.
How is everyone else doing?

Lesley
Tue, Jan-15-02, 01:12
Just a quick Hi and Hello. :wave: I just started the atkins diet today! Hope to see 275 soon. Hope ya'll don't mind if I tag along for the ride.

Lesley

upncomer
Tue, Jan-15-02, 07:21
Hi Leslie!
This is my second week into Induction, so far, so good!

I guess I should get into this group also! :wave:

Lesley
Tue, Jan-15-02, 09:35
Hey Darla
It is so great to find people my same size wanting to drop the weight. I hope to be able to go out and by something new when I hit my first goal. How was the first week for you??

Lesley

A thin me!
Tue, Jan-15-02, 09:52
Hi!

Lessara - finally made it to this group...........

I would like to join in okay?

Doing okay.

A Thin Me

Victoria
Tue, Jan-15-02, 13:21
Hey Lessara,
Guess what? I passed up 275 in one day! It has to do with going to the doctor's and weighing there and realizing my scale was weighing me almost 10 pounds too heavy. So today I changed my stats...I like good news!!! So I'll see you around in the 250 group...and everywhere else around this forum. :wave: Victoria

K-Louise
Tue, Jan-15-02, 17:14
Welcome Leslie.. the more the merrier.

Ok.. those of you who have read my journal will know its been a bumpy ride for me to tweak this WOE so that the scales go down, and not up. I did induction, then bought the new book and learned about the no nuts, limit cheese, The AS limit, blah blah, so I did induction again based on the new book. 4 weeks later, at my weight in today, I am down 8.5 pounds. Well, sure I know its not the 15+ pounds most will lose in the first 4 weeks, but I'm glad I've found a way to do this where it seems to be working (albeit slowly).

I'm gonna keep working on it. In the meantime, i'm looking forward to hitting that 275 mark.

Cheers
Kim

Victoria
Wed, Jan-16-02, 09:11
K-Louise,
I am so excited that you are doing so well. Gosh, I think 8.5 pounds in a month is exceptional! I think slow and steady will pay off better than a fast weight loss. You don't want to do it TOO FAST because then your skin may not catch up right away. :rolleyes: Of course everyone here wants the weight to drop right off, but it doesn't work that way. Part of the experience is the journey and the learning along the way. Don't you think. I have been so large for so long...I think it will take time to get used to not having that "persona". I look forward to being "normal" sized, but I know it will take a long time to not be checking out the furniture to see if I'm going to FIT. What I think I'm trying to say, is that we need the time to adjust.

Again...yay for you! I'm glad you kept trying and didn't give up. ;) Victoria

Lessara
Tue, Jan-22-02, 11:10
Hi, I lost a pound since last week so things are definitely back in order! :p
Congrats to K-Louise - I think you should be proud of your lose
That proves you are not a turtle!

K-Louise
Tue, Jan-22-02, 15:03
Hi all... I have not been able to weigh in accurately today due to imminent arrival of Mr Cranky, who has decided to bring with him swollen ankes, feet and hands this month. I weighed myself yesterday and was back up to 288 (3 pounds down from when I first started WOE a month ago. The day before I was more than when I started WOE (but I am determined to mentally block that out). I bought some natural diuretic yesterday morning, and they seem to be helping a little (back down to 286.5). No salty food, no cheese. Boy, I've never had swollen ankes before, and they hurt. This is certainly an aspect of WOE I hate. I have a strong feeling that even without TOM I did not lose this past week.

I posted in my journal an interesting calculation I did... I am currently consuming 1000 calories a day less than my body uses (on a very sedentary day - sleeping, sitting at my desk, one hour of housework). So a conservative estimate is 7000 calories a week. That equates to a 2 pound a week weight loss, which is what I have lost during one month on induction food.

I have to ask then, am I seeing the effect of Atkins' fat burning theory? I will admit that I like not feeling hungry, and if that helps me consume less calories to burn 2 pounds a week, then good, but has anyone else wondered if they are burning fat from ketosis, or just less calories in then out? Will I be court-marshalled as a traitor for saying that? :D

I think my stay in the countdown to 275 club is going to be much longer than I originally anticipated, but you all seem nice enough *grin*

Trying not to let it get me down.

Kim

bluViolets
Tue, Jan-29-02, 17:29
well ladies and gents,
just thought I'd stop by and say HI :wave:
Just 7 more pounds and I am going to jump over from the 299 thread to this here group........
I am really looking forward to changing to the next goal :p

my mom called and said the doctor told her dad needs to lose some weight....[they've both had heart problems]
and he wanted her to put him on a vegetarian diet.....

she said " no way" I've lived with this guy for 50 years and I can tell you right now, he won't give up meat, and eat just vegetables ...then the doctor tried to guilt her out by saying well if he dies ... it's on your head then, if you won't even try!

so she called me up all upset and asked what I was doing, ... I told about a couple of different lo-carb plans and she and dad are going to try the CAD plan.
I wish they were'nt so computer illiterate so they could join in the group....but they constantly get lost just trying to open their email :rolleyes:
but then again -my teenagers think I shouldn't be allowed on a computer :lol:

Lessara
Wed, Jan-30-02, 11:23
bluViolet: Oh you are so funny! I know what you mean by your children! My daughter who is 14 can reprogram our computer and my son thinks I'm hopeless when I try and play one of his sports games :rolleyes:

K-Louise: I was curious how you calculated your calories you should eat. I found various methods and from what I figured out I could eat between 1,900 calories to 3,420! It doesn't give me any confidence. :(

I am doing good, been drinking my water. Do you ever have days like this? I would love just to have one day, when on that day I:
1. Eat like I'm supposed to: 3 veggies, 20 gram Carbs, protein
2. Drink all my water: 4 liters
3. Exercised at least 15 minutes
4. Take all my vitamins and meds

It seems I'm always forgetting something... aren't I silly?! :p

Lessara
Tue, Feb-05-02, 11:14
This thread has been inactive for so long!
I'm curious how everyone is.

K-Louise
Tue, Feb-05-02, 14:40
My official weigh in this morning was 278.5... so i'm edging closer to that 275 goal.

I doubt I ever have got there if I hadn't reduced my calories to 2000 or so. I don't think the 10-12 times rules applies so much to us heavier folk.

I'm losing around 2.5 pounds per week now, which i'm happy with (of course the occassional whoosh of 4 pounds would be nice too :D )

Lessara
Tue, Feb-05-02, 16:29
I have to admit I've been bouncing around 284, sometimes I lose a few then I gain 3, then lose 1.. fustrating... but it usually is because I don't drink enough water. If I drink less than 3 liters of water, I hold the water instead of losing it. I get dehydrated so easily. :rolleyes:

lemonhead
Wed, Feb-06-02, 13:39
I am joining in on this thread because it is just what I need, a set of mini goals instead of trying to take off more than I can chew. With so much weight to lose it often gets depressing, so I hope with encouragement I can reach my first mini goal. I am currently at 320 but wanted to start at the 275 thread because that is an important goal for me because I haven't seen that weight in years (being this size you fluctuate between 300 and 299 often, so I want to push myself to achieve a higher goal than 299). So yesterday I challenged myself and started the Atkins and hope that SUCCESS is in my future with the help of this forum.

Lessara
Tue, Feb-12-02, 11:27
I always thought positive thinking gives positive results ;)

I find as I lose weight my body stalls at places where I lingered at on the way up the scale. I used to weigh 285 three years ago for about a year so I hope to move on down the scale after this month of stalling. I keep drinking my water and eating right. I have faith it will happen.

How did that song go.. oh yes...

Just where did that little ol' ant
think he could move that rubbertree plant
Everyone knows an ant can't
move a rubbertree plant
but he's got... High hopes, He's got High hopes
he's got, high apple pie in the sky hopes
So any time you are feel a frown
when you are feeling down
Just remember that ant!
Oops there goes another rubbertree plant!

K-Louise
Thu, Feb-28-02, 02:20
Well, after not losing for a month, I just got back from a week in the USA, and find myself down 5 pounds in that week.

I didn't count calories, I didn't count carbs. I ate a ton of salad, and veges, fish and meat. I ate advantage bars, SF chocolate (every day), SF sweets, pork rinds, drank coffee (real stuff) and diet sodas. I made the decision to stay on plan, but be relaxed with all that stuff. I can barely believe i broke a one month stall, and lost five pounds (and its stayed off too since I got home.

Amazing. Remaining more relaxed about it all.

I loved the advantage bars. I'm hoping to be able to get them here in Australia soon through GNC, but if not will organise an american girlfriend to ship me some each month.

So... only 2 pounds to go till i get to my first goal now.

I'm going to post this in another forum, so sorry for those who read it twice.

Hope everyone is well.

Kim

Lessara
Wed, Mar-06-02, 11:15
What a great inspiration you are!!
I'm floundering in the 280s but then for a week now I have stopped my carb binges!

JCinKS
Sat, Sep-14-02, 21:43
Hi-
I wasn't sure if anyone still posted on this thread but I will post anyway. I am now struggling to get into the 270's. Slowing I am going down, sometimes mid-week it doesn't look good on the scales, but then on weigh in day theres an overall loss for the week. I guess 1 pound is certainly better than none or a gain! Well I hope there are still some of us 275 countdown girls out there and I hope to hear from someone soon. Good luck.

Jacque :wave:

Lessara
Fri, Sep-20-02, 15:00
I'm still here.

Lessara
Fri, Sep-20-02, 15:01
I'm still here. I am looking at my past post in this and even though I'm chuckling, its not so funny. :rolleyes: I'm 295 now, I gained weight from 280 to 315 in the 7 months I was off low carbing. I've been back on since July 1st and am doing much better. I guess I learned from my mistakes. :D I lose about a pound a week, sometimes even 6 a month. Its slow but the good news is that my skin is shrinking along with me which is a good thing. :thup:
I'm here is you would like some support. Its always good to have a buddy :)

So what are you doing with your LCing?

JCinKS
Fri, Sep-20-02, 20:45
I started LCing on July 2!!! I am still on induction, and most of the time have a hard time eating 20 carbs a day. Money is so tight right now, I don't know what I will do. I haven't cheated very badly yet, it didn't seem to affect losing though. When I weigh in the mornings I weigh 280.5, but then in the afternoon, I weigh 284! I don't know what is right. I have had a few obstacles. I still don't drink my water, sometimes I will go a whole day! Yikes! Well I better get off of here, talk with you later and good luck.

Jacque

JenWright
Fri, Sep-27-02, 21:34
If you don't mind I like to start posting with you.

I've been LCing since Nov '01.I'm new to this web site, but I'm excited about what's offered

I've managed to lose 30lbs getting to 320. I'm now in a rut :( For the last 4 months I've been snacking on lots of sweets, it's just time to STOP!! I started a new job and used that as a excuse.

I need support at times, and I think aiming for 275 will be a better goal for now. That way the numbers don't become overwhelming :idea:

I've made a start :D I got to the gym both Wed & Thurs and will go again on Sat morning. I've also had 3 days now "dejunking myself", once I get past the 1st week or so I'm hoping my cravings will drop.

Hope Your Week Went Well, jen :wave:

PopRawks
Thu, Nov-07-02, 12:01
I know this thread is a little old but, oh well...

I've been looking at bigger numbers & getting myself all worked up on losing a bunch of weight.

275 seems like a good goal as for right now. And as for the rest, I'll cross those bridges when I get to them. :)

Lessara
Fri, Nov-08-02, 23:57
Oh its so nice to see all of you on!
Its always great to have others who are near your weight to talk to. I've been working to 275 for a year... I keep falling off the wagon so to speak. Part of it is the fear of being the smallest you have ever been in years! :rolleyes: But I'm getting over that.
I've worked most of the bugs in the WOE. My only weekness for now is Friday nights. I game with a bunch of my friends and not only do we eat out (Which tonight I did low carb - it was Boston Market) but people bring in candy, cookies, desserts, you name it, you got it. I broke down tonight when a friend put a box of homemade oatmeal, nut, and raisin cookies - my favorite right in front of me. I ate 5 large cookies. And yes I feel bad.
I popped some extra cromium and drank an extra liter of water.
But I'll be right on track tomorrow :thup:
So how has low carbing been for you? Any sticking points? :daze: