PDA

View Full Version : A Resource for Egg Recipes

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Marlaine
Sun, Dec-16-01, 12:33
http://www.canadaegg.ca

I've been to the site and discovered that they have a huge collection of egg recipes, though I haven't 'scoured' the site yet or tried the recipes, I thought it would be a useful site for those of us that enjoy eggs. I find that I can get some good variety using eggs.

zellie
Sun, Dec-16-01, 18:40
Great!
I immediately found something I can use. "Greek-Style Eggs", for my lettuce wraps. Leave out the pita bread, replace it with one or two whole lettuce leaves. Use the lettuce leaves to wrap the whole thing, instead of pita bread.

Tzatziki is easy to make. I use it for broiled chicken, meat, or as a dip for crunchie veggies.

1 T olive oil
1 or 2 t vinegar
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 cup Greekstyle natural yogurt or sour cream or cream with 1T vinegar
1 big cucumber, peeled and coarsely grated, drained
a pinch of dried mint
a little salt and black pepper
olives, to garnish (optional)

Mix the olive oil, vinegar and garlic.Add yogurt, mix. Add cucumber, mint, salt and pepper, mix. Leave the mixture 1-2 hours in the refrigerator. Garnish with a few black olives. Serve lightly chilled, with crispy slices of courgettes, or slices of fried/grilled eggplant. Or serve as an accompaniment to roast meat or roast chicken.

zellie