PDA

View Full Version : 250 and rolling right along...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SAMTigress
Sun, Dec-16-01, 08:28
Well, today is my weekly weigh-in, despite the fact, I just finished 'Induction' this past Thursday. I weigh myself every Sunday for posting, then check in on Wednesdays just to make sure nothing has gone astray. This AM (and for the last to days to verify) I weighed in at 250 pounds. That's another pound in the right direction.

:clap:

Now, how long till I get to 240?? That's a question to ponder...but not fret over... :D

Any of you have any ideas on a forum my mom would fit into? She's trying really hard to find a place like this one that fits her needs. She only has about 50 pounds to lose. She wants to be able to hear how others have done it and share thoughts...get support. Her name is WAWTigress. She tried a thread called 190's, but never got any responses...any thoughts on the matter?? Thanks.

Also, I'm starting to get over this cold I've had the past week. However, I got a little stomach flu on top of it -- that's what I'm thinking it is anyway. I haven't let it ruin my diet though. I feel much better, however, I'm having a lot of problems with gas discomfort. Any ideas on how to cure it? I've tried activated charcoal...what about OTC stuff...what's okay to use on this diet?? Thanks for the input.

Later... :roll: -- right along!

Victoria
Sun, Dec-16-01, 08:40
Just wanted to congratulate you on your success. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well...how easy is it to stay on the diet when you're down? I wonder, because it seems to take a lot of cooking and preparing to do this WOL. But I am so excited that you are doing so well.

About your Mom, I don't know. But there are so many different threads and support groups in this forum. Tell her to just browse. There are people who are at their goal weight and folks that have just 15 pounds to lose. And then there are those of us who have quite a way to go. So there should be somewhere where she can relate. But I will look around and see if I find a good place for her to look.

Again, congrats!!! Keep it up girl! :p Victoria

SAMTigress
Sun, Dec-16-01, 09:05
Quote:

"I'm sorry you aren't feeling well...how easy is it to stay on the diet when you're down? I wonder, because it seems to take a lot of cooking and preparing to do this WOL." - Victoria

Sticking to the diet and being ill can be rough, especially when all you really want to eat is some toast and oatmeal. But, I managed. First, I just took it easy on what I did eat, and if something wasn't agreeing with me I stayed away from it. Second, luckily, I already had a few things prepared ahead for 'quick meals/snacks' -- so, all I had to do was either get up and grab it, or my son fixed it for me. And, finally, I have a super hubby. He may not be a cook, but he can follow directions and read a recipe. I also concentrated on fluids a lot because I knew I needed them most, then I snacked or ate little meals as I needed and wanted to. So, all in all, I managed to stay faithful to my diet.

Thank the Lord!!

:wave: