PDA

View Full Version : 45 lbs later...a Gym Supervisor!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jenniferle
Thu, Dec-13-01, 18:35
Hard to believe but I have just got a job on the weekends as a supervisor for the biggest Fitness Facility in town.

I guess losing 45 lbs paid off in more ways then just shear exaltation!!!!!

:wave: :wave::wave: :wave:

tamarian
Thu, Dec-13-01, 18:40
Wow. This is a great accomplishment :thup: . I want to hear more details, if you don't mind? Give us the scoop! :)

Wa'il

jenniferle
Thu, Dec-13-01, 22:06
Hmm lets see.

I discovered PP about 4 years ago accidently when I was researching low carb recipes for my dad who had been diagnosed with Diabetes.

So I noticed that he was eating often and foods that were not necessarily low fat. I am a research freak and when I discovered the Internet I was hooked.

Before I hung in the libraries now I have access to up to date info at all hours...and I can sit in my skives!!!!

So I have been looking for a job for 5.5 months. I worked for the Board of education in Project Coordination but it was a contract that ended. I had been practicing yoga four times a week for a year- my membership ran out and well I applied for a receptionist job at a local gym.

I have sent out 724 resumes since June 22. 8 interviews later and I just wanted to fill my time with something!
Well within 20 minutes of interview the manager said you can't be a receptionist you are too much of an energetic over qualified creative thinker. I said you are right!

So she offered me a job she was developing instead.
So now I get to supervise a gym and staff and programs etc. Saturday and Sunday.
I'm pretty psyched. It is a 25 minute walk from my house...more exercise!

Now I shall be able to put that much more focus on a healthy life style.
So it just proves that you never do know in life.

Meanwhile I am continuing to look. I have it down to a science.
So, if anyone is interested in hiring a communication, marketing, project or events coordinator - I'm available!

I have been told that my CV is extremely impression. I must admit it has been a fun and exciting ride so far! :daze:

Trainerdan
Thu, Dec-13-01, 22:50
Congratulations!

It sounds like you have a passion for fitness, which means you are going to do well in the industry.

fern2340
Fri, Dec-14-01, 22:35
Jennifer-
That sounds like a great job!!! Good luck with it!

Linda