PDA

View Full Version : Not loosing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ella
Tue, Dec-11-01, 05:05
I am in panic now! Been on the diet since 1 Oct. Started loosing at first went from 64 to 62 kg. Then started gaining again. Clothes didn't feel looser even when was loosing. I guess it was only water. Checked the scales today.... and wished I didn't, back to 64kg. Since I don't see much results I'm still trying to be on Induction. My sticks are always purple. I haven't had a single chocolate or fruit, and don't get cravings.

I also noticed that before I used to climb up the stairs easily, but these days feels like my legs are made of stone. I noticed the upper legs got bigger, could tell when wearing trousers.

Now, I think that could be NUTS. I don't think I quite snack on them, it's more like a gorge. Can have more than 200g a day. Hmmmm... I'm not quite good with ounces and cup (???) measures.

HELP! :confused:

Ella
Fri, Dec-14-01, 03:11
I've been on the Fat Fast diet for the last 3 days (last night had a lot of meet at the office Xmas do... still not too bad, considering there were lots of chips, crispy bread etc. :D ). Hey! this definitely works. Already lost 2 kg. Excellent! :roll:

Angela_NZ
Mon, Dec-17-01, 19:30
Fat fast- Yech! done it twice, thats enough for me! it only worked the first time anyway.

You are right -NUTS! Nuts are BAD for stalling especially if you eat lots. I was up to about 6 tbsp of peanut butter in a sitting and wondering why I wasn't losing weight?? And was craving really badly. I cut out nuts and cheese (was eating lots of that too) and have been losing weight consistently since. You'll most likely lose weight the best sticking to getting the bulk of your carbs from LC veggies. If you do that you probably not have to resort to icky things like fat fasts

The weak feeling legs is quite common, get yourself some calcium/ magnesium mix tablets and some potassium (lo salt) and use it instead of salt on food and mix 1/4tsp in a glass of water if you feel weak or dizzy.

Keep up the good work
Angela

Ella
Tue, Dec-18-01, 05:12
Angela, thank you for a very useful advice! :) I'll definitely get these supplements in, I haven't been taking those, perhaps that also explains my cramps.

I'll try to keep away from nuts too. That's TOUGH! But hey! I haven't had an apple in 2 months now, used to eat them by kilos.

Thank you!
:wave:

slm6596
Mon, Mar-18-02, 13:42
I found out (using a blood glucose tester) that this is what has been causing my weight stalls. And yes, they are stalls (they last 1-2 months). I am temporarily giving up on Diet drinks and low carb sweet treats, at least until I get to my goal. I was in ketosis every day, but found out my insulin was being released when I drank my diet pop.