PDA

View Full Version : new to this forum, hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ThedaBara
Thu, Sep-29-05, 15:23
Wow was I suprised to see a pregnancy area here! Wonderful! I am 8 weeks pregnant, 40 years old with a 5 year old DD and a 3 year old DS. I'm tired constantly and having nauseus all day long! Now, if it sounds like I am complaining, well, I'm not really. I know I won't be tired forever, and I won't feel like vomitting forever...I just can't wait until this part of my pregnancy is over. I've never done well with the morning sickness part! :lol: If anyone wants to chime in and mention good foods to prevent/cure the morning sickness go right ahead, but over the next couple of days I'll be reading as many of the older posts as I can manage to get all the info I can from you people. It is sure nice to know that not everyone adds bread/sugar back into the diet because they are pregnant! However, I am sure am having cravings for chocolate brownies! :lol: I've been substituting peanut butter!

ysabella
Thu, Sep-29-05, 16:25
Welcome! And sing it, sister. I'm craving brownies too, and plan to make some on Sunday (as long as I work out twice before then).

Sorry to hear about the nausea. I have been lucky, but I hear that (a)eating something right away in the morning helps (with most people it's crackers, but maybe you can think of something you always find easy to eat...keep some peanut butter by the bed? the little squeeze packets? :lol:) and (b)smelling things that have a clean flavor: cut lemons, mint, or ginger. Like, eat a sugar-free mint, or drink some ginger tea. Or sniff cut lemons.

A friend of mine said there is a miracle chemical that helps with the nausea, and it's found in Unisom, the OTC sleeping pill. A search turns up sites that say, B6 plus Unisom. You can always call your doctor and ask.

Meg_S
Fri, Sep-30-05, 00:32
The nausea.. this might sound really really disgusting but somewhere in the early mos. I forced myself to eat a huge piece of lightly cooked calves liver with fried onions to be able to get it down. I didn't want to eat it, it seemed gross to me but something compelled me to do it and from that point on I did not have a SINGLE feeling of nausea, roiling stomach.... anything.

foxgluvs
Fri, Sep-30-05, 03:04
A plain cookie of some sort usually sorted me out, I use to keep a packet of rich tea by the side of the bed, they are lightly sweetned but plain in taste and I had one every morning before my feet touched the floor, worked like a charm, hope you get over that feeling soon!
Poor you!

ThedaBara
Fri, Sep-30-05, 09:44
Thank you everyone! The liver thing is really funny because I am sitting here in front of the computer (where I know I really shouldn't be eating), having bacon/onions and calves liver! Last night I read that article about bad advice from baby books. The authors mentioned liver and it sounded so good that I went out this morning and bought some! If for some reason it fixes my nausea that would be great too! ;)
I do have a question for those of you who keep things by your bed. Were you morning sick right at the start of the day? or was the snack to stave off later queasiness? I'm just asking because I don't tend to feel bad for a good or and sometimes 2 in the morning. Thanks
Jenny

sadia
Fri, Sep-30-05, 19:28
hi welcome to the forum i am 12 weeks preganat and nausea still has the best of me ,in the last 8 weeks ,well i don't know about liver but having fresh lemon to smell and puting something tangi in my mouth like thoes orange loloies really helped me because this time i craved sour things ,and for ur craving of choclate my advice to you is to have it just one bite or one piece that will satisfiy you and you won't induldge in the whole bar like i did after so many days ofcontrolling,and believe me it goes away after few days
and rest is as u have nausea u won't be eating bread or any other thing and so its good to cut bread and sugar out for the rest of pregnancy
i do eat bread but with only one meal of the day other wise all the healthy carb s