PDA

View Full Version : Jell-o and Cream Variations

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sabrina
Fri, Nov-30-01, 11:10
Tried a new way to eat sf jello and coolwhip. I use coolwhip and I use the philadelphia cream cheese, the whipped kind in the container, has less than 1 carb per serving. I mix the two together, use your own preference as to how much cream cheese to mix with the tub of cream. I use approx. 2 tbls. with the small tub. I put that on top of my jello and then I use about 1/4 c or less of walnuts and break up the pieces and sprinkle that on top. Let me tell ya it is soooooo goood!!! Just thought I would pass it on to everyone who would like a little something different. Let me know how you like it for those who want to try it. sabrina

Natrushka
Fri, Nov-30-01, 11:12
Good job, Sabrina. I moved your post to the "sweet treats" section of the Kitchen so anyone looking for dessert ideas is sure to see it. :)

Nat

gecolon
Fri, Nov-30-01, 12:10
My mom always makes a special jello-salad when she comes to town. She mixes bananna strawberry jellow w/ cream cheese, walnuts, banannas,strawberries and whipped cream. She puts them all in the blender and wow it is so good.

I make more or less the same thing but low carb.
In a blender I mix sugarfree jello (already made) heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, walnuts (not always cuz sometimes you feel like a nut sometimes you dont :) ) and splenda. I then pour the mixture into cupcake liners (placed inside a muffin tin), place in the fridge and when ever I want something for dessert I just take one out of the tin and eat it. They last for about a week (or more). I even bring them to work for a snack (just make sure you have an ice pack in your lunch bag). I make the same thing with using cocoa instead of the jello (which is my favorite). When I'm looking for a sugar free butterscotch flavoring to add. That will be the bomb.:)

Susan19
Fri, Nov-30-01, 12:48
Hi gecolon!
that sounds pretty good...I was wondering if you could give approximate quantities of everything you use for that?
thanks
Susan

gecolon
Fri, Nov-30-01, 13:10
When I make what I call a choco. dream I mix in a blender;

1 1/2 cups of Heavy cream (make sure it says heavy whipping cream)
1Tablespoon of Cocoa
4oz of cream cheese
splash of vanilla
splenda per your own taste I would say I use about a 1/4 cup of the pourable.
and if you want add nuts.

W/ Jello
1 1/2 C of Heavy cream
4 0z of cream cheese
1 sugar free jello (what ever flavor you want)
splenda

I use the heavy cream,cream cheese and splenda as a base for all of my desserts I just change the flavoring.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

A thin me!
Fri, Nov-30-01, 13:45
Hi!
I know it is Friday -- maybe that is why the brain is not working - or maybe it is all the water...... LOL

For the choc. dream -- do you whip it with a wisk or put in blender or what?? Pour it into paper liners in muffin tray - right?

You can make 12 cups from this - right?

As soon as I get your answer -- I am going to try it - zans the nuts, because of Induction -- the carbs, are super low, too -
aren't they?

Thanks,......

lilwannabe
Fri, Nov-30-01, 14:26
I also make something similar...

1 package of s/f jello...raspberry or lemon
I cup heavy whip cream whipped
4 oz cream cheese
1 cup frozen berries, or 1/4 cup lemon juice(used with lemon jello)
1/2 cup splenda

Whip cream to almost thick. Add cream cheese then blend until real thick. Add 1 cup hot water to jello...add frozen berries to cool the mixture. add to whipped cream mixture...or add lemon juice to hot mixture...wait about 15 mins for it to cool then add to whipped mixture. Blend on low for a min or 2 so that it is all blended well...put in fridge...ready in about 1 1/2 hours...the whole family loves it when I make this...and it is delightful. NOTE: When I make it with the lemon, I usually add 8 oz of cream cheese. Then it tastes like cheese cake.

gecolon
Sat, Dec-01-01, 13:04
I'm sorry Athinme, I logged off right after that post. I mix it all in a blender. The carb count would be

4-8 for the cream cheese (depending on whether you use 4 or 8oz)
8.853 1 1/2 Cups heavy cream (6.64 per cup)
3 for 1 T of cocoa
4 for the splenda (1 per each Tablespoon of Splenda 1/4 cup =4 Tablespoons)
19.853 Total / 8 (muffin tin) = 2.48 per serving.
Last night I made it with pecans 4 carbs- 2 fiber = 2carbs /8 =.25 additional carbs per serving for a total of 2.73.
Not bad huh?

lilwannabe, That sound really good. I'm going to try the lemon!

KASSY
Mon, Dec-03-01, 08:31
I thought I read on this site somewhere that there are "hidden" carbs in sugar-free jello?
I have been trying to stay away from it because of that. If I am wrong, please somebody let me know- I would love to start eating it again.

gecolon
Mon, Dec-03-01, 10:24
Hidden carbs in jello.

Well, the amount it is really insignificant (unless you are eating oodles of it).
Calories 8.32
Total Fat 0.0025g =0.0225 cal.
Total Carbohydrate 0.123g = 0.492 cal
Protein 1.42g = 5.68cal
for a Total of 6.1945 =2.125 (possible hidden carb calories which means that it possibly has almost 1 carb per serving)

For me it is almost a free food, but I can only eat so much jello.