PDA

View Full Version : Vigorous Exercise and Water Consumption

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ageless
Wed, Nov-28-01, 12:42
I was wondering, since I work out really hard and sweat really hard while working out…
Should I be consuming MORE water? I still feel a bit ‘puffy’ in the mornings and right after meals. Is this from not enough water? Or am I just destined to be bloated permanently? :eek:

Any input would be great.

Thanks
:wave:

keriberry
Wed, Nov-28-01, 13:30
Water Water Water! I just ran my first marathon - while we were training we were required to drink 6 ounces of water at least every 15 minutes - that was in addition to at least a full large glass before and after.

I always have a water bottle on me - makes frequent trips to the bathroom necessary, but I know it's better for me! I try to drink two full containers of water (running bottle size) during each hour of exercise or more.

I think another indication that you are drinking enough is, sorry this is graphic but true, your urine should be clear. You'll exercise more efficiently and effectively if your body doesn't have to conpensate for being dehydrated! :)