PDA

View Full Version : Guided Imagery For Fibro

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Norma June
Fri, Sep-02-05, 07:40
I've been suffering the pains of Fibro since 1966. Back then the doctors chalked it up to Arthritis, I suppose they didn't know what it was back then. So through the years (over 35 years) I've just been "living with it". I would take Acetamenaphen with codeine for the pain, soak in a bathtub of hot water, etc. and that would ease the pain for a short while. I never had any problem sleeping during this 35+ years then last spring the Fibro hit with a vengence. I suffered a flare up that lasted well over a month. This is when I got serious and began researching the affliction and realized that it was Fibro. Well ... to make a long story short, it was diagnosed by a neurologist and the family GP prescribed anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxers and anti-depressants. That's when I said "whoa Nellie ...!"

I am not a pill person, I hate taking pills. Also, I usually try to listen to my body to hear what it's telling me. Two things seemed to jump out at me (1) Reiki and (2) Guided Imagery. I knew I couldn't afford Reiki as sometimes you may need not just one session and a phone call to a Reiki Master confirmed that for Fibro there would be more than just a few sessions at $35.00 a pop. So I went to plan B ... Guided Imagery.

As a Therapeutic Touch Practitioner I know how valuable Guided Imagery can be in healing. So I went online searching for a Guided Imagery CD, one that was done by a person who knew what they were doing and who's voice was pleasant to listen to. After doing a test run (listening online) I chose a CD by a psychotherapist named Belleruth Naparstak. She's done work on trauma victims (Gulf War, 9-11, etc.). She (as am I) is of the belief that Fibromyalgia is trauma (physical and/or emotional) that has settled into the cellular structure. I knew that I had to cure the Fibro from the inside, rather than applying band-aids (drugs, etc.) that while offering relief for a short while, did nothing to cure the condition.

I purchased her CD for Fibro and almost instantaneously noticed a reduction in pain, fibro fog and the other symptoms I had been suffering.

Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue is a great Guided Imagery CD and Belleruth Naparstak knows what she's doing. Check her out, read her bio, listen to her voice and try the CD. I did and I no longer have to take any OTC or prescription drugs. (I have no affiliation with Belleruth Naparstak or the company, just an extremely grateful customer).

http://www.healthjourneys.com/product_detail.asp?id=94

greannmhar
Thu, Sep-08-05, 05:29
Thanks for that, Norma June. I haven't been officially diagnosed yet, but I know what I feel and I will check out the website and the CD. Even if my thorny 'rose' has another name, I imagine that this approach can only help.
Regarding the reiki, did you ever consider being initiated into the technique yourself? I did level 1 a few years ago, but don't really use it (and I know I should).
Babs

Norma June
Sun, Sep-11-05, 13:01
I'm a Level III Therapeutic Touch Practitioner and would love to study Reiki. The thing is though ... when one is suffering pain they can not (or at least I can not) focus enough to ground themselves in order to perform TT or an other modality upon themselves.

Interesting isn't it how we can heal ourselves? I believe that in order to heal ourselves we need to WANT to heal ourselves. Most support forums I've visited are filled with people who are looking not for support and/or information but for a pity party. I don't believe they have any intention of healing. Many are using their disease/condition or whatever as something that identifies themselves ..... i.e., MY Fibromyalgia, My migraine headaches, MY "whatever". I refuse to say MY "anything" as that would only cement it to me and I want to rid myself of "whatever".

Well, that's my thoughts on it. LOL