PDA

View Full Version : trying to quit again after re-starting

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wammydoo
Tue, Aug-30-05, 20:02
I had quit for 6 months straight. I believe it was due to starting taking Paxil. Well, either way, I felt so great quitting for that long, after smoking for about 16 years. my excuse was, after a nerve strangling phone call at work about 1 month ago, immediatley made me want a cigaratte, so I had one, and that was that. I started smoking about 1 pack every two days, ever since.
Currently, I have been sick for 1 week, so it has been 1 week since I have smoked. I will kick myself if I start up again after I feel better.

I HATE smoking, it is a gross, dirty , expensive habit. funny how I never think of that as I am taking a drag off the first cigarette after a long tiring day at work.

Kikib1028
Tue, Aug-30-05, 20:23
Congratulations on your first week of quitting. I don't smoke but have heard that it is a horrible. Keep up the good work and you will be rewarded. Good luck and happy LCing!

MiaHope
Tue, Nov-01-05, 09:42
I quit smoking for 9 months and started again after a Halloween party. I can honestly say that it was easier to quit this time than it was the first time. I haven't smoked in about 7 weeks and I don't hardly think about it. The first couple of weeks I kept very busy, clening out closets, garage, walking, shopping, cooking great meals for the kids, just whatever I could to not smoke.

You can do it, just do it one day at a time and remember how your hair smells when you smoke. Ha ha!

Mia

Lisa N
Tue, Nov-01-05, 15:36
I HATE smoking, it is a gross, dirty , expensive habit. funny how I never think of that as I am taking a drag off the first cigarette after a long tiring day at work.

Write down all the reasons you hate smoking on a 3 x 5 card and keep them in the same place you used to keep your cigarettes. Next time you get an urge to smoke, read your 3 x 5 card first. :idea:

For good ideas on how to prevent re-addiction, this site may be helpful: www.whyquit.com