PDA

View Full Version : Losing very slowly

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Celerunner
Tue, Nov-27-01, 14:32
Hello all,

I have been low carb now for almost a month and have only lost 3 pounds my goal is twenty pounds by March which I don't think is out of range.

Last year I lost about 15 pounds on low carb really quick and this time around, it's so slow :confused:

I have not gone through the induction period though. I just eat low carb (meaning under 20) and I work out with weights and do cardio 5 days a week.

Should I be trying something else?

Natrushka
Tue, Nov-27-01, 14:39
Celerunner, I answered your post in Introductions :)

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=218405#post218405

Nat

Lulu11
Tue, Nov-27-01, 15:42
hello Celerunner,
My story is very similar to yours. I was 118 about 1 1/2 years ago, and put on 20 pounds in one year. The first time I did Atkins I lost immediately but this time around, (I just started again 3 weeks ago) it's unbearably frustrating, only 1.5 lbs. I've posted on the turtle thread and have gotten some advice, unfortunately I have none for you, since I don't even know what I may be doing wrong. I guess it's just a trial and error.
I know it's hard and demotivating, but hang in there, I know I have to. :cheer:

Celerunner
Tue, Nov-27-01, 20:09
:angel:
Thanks Lulu11 for the words of help. You helped trust me.
I thought I was alone.
The worst part about it is everyone around me thinks I am nuts for wanting to be 120. I just know for myself, that it is a good wieght for me that I can maintain because I did before. It's nice to see that someone can relate you know?

I do definitely believe that my body is very mad at me. Being on and off so many diets from starvation to eating whatever for almost ten years now has really wrecked havoc on it. :thdown:

But, I am healthy now and am looking forward to the weight coming off. I just bought the Atkins book today. I didn't use it the last time I was on it so this time I am going to follow it. Maybe if this doesn't work I will do a Sugar Busters or Zone. I guess every body is different. It's nice to see others are all rooting for us though you know??

Have a great night :sunny:

Jonee
Sat, Feb-02-02, 15:57
Hey guys. I DO understand how you both feel about wanting to get to your goal weight when everyone else thinks it is unrealistic. I weighed 125 all my life(even pre and post natal), but gained 25 lbs 10 yrs ago when I quit smoking and 10 more lbs last year when menopause knocked up for me! I never got used to the extra weight gain I desperately now want and need to get my weight down to where I am COMFORTABLE FOR ME!!! So girls, lets hang in there! I am not going to give up. You guys will probably hit your goals before me. I am new(1 1/2 weeks) and have not lost any weight yet, but I just keep reading everybody's advice. Everyone is so supportive and have lots of good ideas. I read above somewhere that some people have some jump-start success by adding a bad carb(like oatmeal, etc) to trick your metabolism into burning off weight. Does anyone have any good advice either way on that idea? What about wheat crackers or a good healthy dry cereal for breakfast? I don't know, but there are some of us who really need an edge to get moving. Good luck to you and I am sure you will achieve your goals real soon! :D