PDA

View Full Version : I'm so bummed!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bellina
Sat, Aug-13-05, 01:08
All I have to say is...I suck..I caved!! SIGH

MyraS
Sat, Aug-13-05, 01:40
All I have to say is...I suck..I caved!! SIGH

You don't suck - you just made a choice to smoke. That's all.

For me, I read Allen Carr's "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" three times, and still couldn't go more than 20 hours without a cigarette (great book, though, and highly recommended). It wasn't until I went to a hypnotist that it "stuck."

Yes, the hypnosis costs money - about what a month's worth of cigs would have cost me - but it was worth every penny. Not only am I *not* smoking, but I can be around smokers and not be bothered, I don't crave cigarettes at all, and I'm not gaining any weight. That was all part of the hypnosis experience - you get to plot out what you want with the hypnotist.

It's worth thinking about, anyway.

(((((hugs)))))

Myra

One month, two weeks, 6 hours, 52 minutes and 11 seconds. 1328 cigarettes not smoked, saving $199.29. Life saved: 4 days, 14 hours, 40 minutes.

Mon, Aug-15-05, 09:53
Nope you don't suck - you learned.... something triggered it. So now get back on this horse and try again - figure out the crave trigger and prepare to get by it.

You can do this and you will love the results..... :) :) :)

Bellina
Mon, Aug-15-05, 14:44
Thanks so much 301..I know what triggers it..a nice patio on a summer night with friends and drinks :p but thank you for your words..they are always inspiring :)

BlitzedAng
Tue, Aug-16-05, 05:55
I avoided alchohol all together since it made me cave years ago when I first tried to quit smoking.. For me this was a great thing cause now I am alchohol free too :). How cool is that.

Time Smoke-Free: 451 days, 21 hours, 55 minutes and 11 seconds

Angel