PDA

View Full Version : Eat Fat, Get Thin - Has anyone tried this diet ?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Isabella2
Tue, Aug-09-05, 14:16
:wave: Hi, This is my first post ! I am trying to find a low carb diet that I can live with FOREVER and I really enjoyed reading the review of the "Eat Fat, Get Thin" book ...
I called Barnes & Nobles and they do not carry this book...neither does Walmart.com or Overstock.com ...I live in Virginia (Usa)...so I was hoping that maybe someone has read the book and could tell me there views :q: ! :)
Many Thanks :)

Brennabug
Tue, Aug-09-05, 14:20
i havent read it , but barnes and nobles will order it if you ask them to and you may also be able to find it in the library?

Brenna

edie
Tue, Aug-09-05, 14:36
http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/eatfat.html

Click on this link, it might be interesting.

SadLady
Sat, Aug-13-05, 13:57
I got it from Amazon.com but have not read it yet.

Isabella2
Sat, Aug-13-05, 21:19
Thank you for the link edie (I'm a bit late in getting back to you about that - I'm sorry about that!!!)
I found his email at the bottom of the page and explained that I could not find his book to purchase and wondered if he knew where I could locate one..and he wrote back and said that Barnes & Nobles used to sell it and if they dont know -or I cant locate one, that if I sent $14 he would be glad to send me one. . so I may have to do that if I cant find the book myself (which -so far- still no luck!)

Isabella2
Sat, Aug-13-05, 21:20
Hello SadLady,
When you get a chance to read the book. . please do let me know if you liked it !!
I'll check out Amazon.com !
Thanks for letting me know :)

edie
Sun, Aug-14-05, 11:19
You are more than welcome!! HAGD!

SadLady
Sun, Aug-21-05, 10:02
I'm sorry, the one I got is: Eat fat, lose fat and I have not read it yet, however I am doing the fat fast (latinized) from Dr. Atkins which is 90 % fat, and the rest is between protein and carbs. For the first time in almost a year, my BS are within normal range and my Blood Pressure is coming down. I have lost 4 lbs. (since Tuesday and this is Sunday) and I am having a difficult time eating things because I am so full. I do not exceed 1,000 calories a day.

Isabella2
Sun, Aug-21-05, 11:51
Thank you for coming back to give me a update SadLady!
The Eat Fat, Lose Fat book sounds really interesting!
The next time I make a trip to Barnes & Nobles I'll look it up !
If you are doing THAT great on the diet, I may give it a try myself...My biggest problem is --FEELING like I want to eat--ALL the time...
I hope you'll come back (or visit me in my journal) and let me know how your doing and how the Eat Fat, Lose Fat approach is helping you !!!

Janice30
Fri, Sep-23-05, 10:56
Isabella, you can find this book at fetchbook.info. Go to this site and enter the title in the search box. When the book comes up, click on Compare Prices and it will list all the places you can get this book and prices.
I hope this helps you get the book.

Isabella2
Fri, Sep-23-05, 21:43
Thank you..its been awhile since I first posted this question & havent been able to purchase it ~
I will look up fetchbook.info.(?com?)
Thank you for letting me know..
have you ever read it?

Rosebud
Fri, Sep-23-05, 21:59
Hi Isabella,

I follow Eat Fat, Get Thin. It's really very similar to Atkins' OWL, with a limit of 60g carbs daily. Personally, I never seem to reach 60g, and am flat out reaching 40.
Let me know if you have any specific questions. :)

Roz

Janice30
Sat, Sep-24-05, 05:53
Isabella, there's no .com after the web address. When I checked last week it was about $6.50 for the book and about $9.50 with shipping and handling. Not a bad price for a book that sell for much more at a book store.
Have a gread day!

Isabella2
Sun, Sep-25-05, 00:52
Thanks for letting me know...
I went by Barnes & Nobles & Books-A-Million tonight..looking again for this book, but no luck..It seems I'll have to order it online if I want a copy!