PDA

View Full Version : I have a few questions that I cannot find answers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jpm
Mon, Nov-19-01, 10:50
:confused: :q: I have a few questions if some one will be so kind to answer for me: My sister in law is doing protien power while I am doing atkins, and she told me that if you are having your monthly friend that you could not lose weight by doing either of these low carb "ways of life"? is this true?

next question: :roll: Why does it seem according to the induction tables in Atkins that I would have a low resistance according to my induction loss but when I tried going to the next phase of the diet if I took in one carb more than on the induction I failed to lose????

Also does anyone else find it hard to eat more than one meal a day??? :q: I have just seemed now not even to remember to eat it seems unless with my family. I am not hungry. Is this good or bad or both?

final question: does anyone know how many carbs are in a frozen strawberry margarita(my favorite thing in the world after my kids & hubby :) Thank you for reading!!!!!

Thank you soooo much I am new to all this and I want to commit to this but I need some info!!!

JPM

alto
Mon, Nov-19-01, 12:18
Hi, jpm. I'll take a stab at answering your questions.

Number one -- it depends :) This is anecdotal -- from friends and board reading -- but some women lose consistently and some women gain the week before and stall the week after. You'll find your own pattern.

Number two -- Am I correct that you're saying you did induction, and then in the week after induction, you added a few carbs and gained? This is also a fairly familiar pattern -- often people gain a bit, or don't lose, in weeks 3 and 4. I think the theory here is that the body has to adjust to the quick weight loss in induction. Atkins experts will know better than I, however.

Number three -- yes! By the end of the second week, I'm usually actively not hungry (I've started and stopped low carb, and other diets several times, and so have a wealth of beginners experience :) ) The answer I've always gotten -- and it's a good one -- is: force yourself to eat. Put butter on the meat, get the calories up. Eat several small meals. Eat salads and low carb vegetables. Don't get in a rut -- sometimes the lack of hunger is because you can't face one more hamburger. so eat chicken.

Number four -- don't know. But strawberry margaritas are sweet, and if something tastes sweet, my best guess is there are carbs in there :)

Good luck!

Karen
Mon, Nov-19-01, 13:51
No, not necassarily. You may have a gain in water weight but can be losing fat weight during your period.

If you are not eating enough - minimum 10 - 12 x your current weight in calories a day - your weight loss will slow. So it may be the lack of calories not the increase in carbs. How long did you increase your carbs for before you decided it stopped your weight. You have to give it at least a week. You also have to look at how your plan is working - not on a daily basis - but long term, say over a month.

Alcohol and sugar are a deadly combination for weight loss. Your body will burn alcohol, then carbohydrates, then your own fat for fuel. I couldn't find Strawberry Margarita anywhere, but I did find a listing for Libby's Strawberry Drink, which is probably similar. 11.5 oz. contains 56 grams of carbohydrates.

Karen

neen
Sat, Dec-13-03, 19:55
HI

Here's my suggestion. Eat. I know it is hard sometimes to eat more than one meal a day but trust me if you don't get your system going in the morning it will take much longer to lose the weight. I have had to re -learn this lesson several times. Even if all you have is a piece of cheese or a hard boiled egg in the a.m it will help.

Now about the margaritas. I am also a real lover of the lime ones. This summer I discovered that crystal light frozen with tequila makes a good margarita perhaps you could try strawberry crystal light and tequila or vodka.

Cheers
neen

Rosebud
Sat, Dec-13-03, 20:27
Hi Neen,

Unfortunately your great reply is very unlikely to be read by the original poster. It is over two years since she last visited the board. ;)

:rose:Rosebud:rose: