PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant and Low Carbing?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Nessaleah
Sun, Jul-10-05, 14:17
If you are pregnant and low carbing, could you tell me about your experiences, what your doctor's say about it—and what, if any, modifications in the diet you made for your pregnancy.

I want to have a baby and I was thinking that I would not be able to continue the diet during pregnancy but I read a post that mentioned lots of soon-to-be mommies doing LC. So I would love to hear from you guys. Oh, and is it safe to lose weight while you're pregnant? Will our bodies provide the baby enough nutrients if it is using our stored body fat to sustain us???

I know, too many questions. Let me pace myself.

Meg_S
Sun, Jul-10-05, 14:55
check out the pregnancy and parenting section, and then the thread: are you pregnant and needing help with your goals?

There is alot of talk in there about essentially losing weight while pregnant (by not gaining, or by gowing down a little) it's a great discussion, and headed by a pregnant baby nurse too!

There are a lot of us who are losing, or trying to lose while preg. it doesn't seem to be an issue, esp if you're very overweight AND eating properly. Ie: whether you're in a slight caloric deficit or not you need enough protein for example, and good foods. It wouldn't be good for your baby to live off soy protein and frankenfoods/artificial sweetners.