PDA

View Full Version : Can I Drink On Metformin?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

xnikx
Mon, Jun-27-05, 16:08
is it possible to get drunk wilst takin metformin? or wil it make me realy sick?

Boink
Tue, Jun-28-05, 09:09
Well, a couple of weekends ago I went to a wedding and they had a margarita machine! It was impossible to stay away from it. I drank slowly to make sure my stomach wouldn't flip out and I did okay. I had quite a few and we went to a bar afterwards and I had a few shiners. I did not even get a buzz and I felt fine the next day. It was weird. Kind of annoying, actually... LOL. Everyone is different I've read. :)

xnikx
Tue, Jun-28-05, 11:42
so wud be best to just sip slowly at the start and see wat happens? cz i no wen i was only on anti depressants sipin a alco pop just made me feel sick and bloated and havent bothered with booze since

Boink
Tue, Jun-28-05, 12:13
That's what I did, I drank very slowly. Plus, I made sure I snacked on something... I had beef jerky in my bag... since I read that was a good idea.

Thing is, I really don't want to drink anymore. I love beer too. I think the thought in the back of my mind that I may puke bugs me :)

xnikx
Tue, Jun-28-05, 12:29
iv herd of a beef jerky but what exactly are they? we dont get them in uk

Boink
Wed, Jun-29-05, 10:16
It is like a dried beef snack... it has a good mount of protein. Alot of low carbers use it as a snack. I read on a metformin FAQ not to go long periods w/o food if you're drinking...

xnikx
Wed, Jun-29-05, 11:05
i think that is the case weather ur on metformin or not lol

i wana try a beef jerky, my aunt lives in maryland mite ask her to send sum lol

xnikx
Sun, Jul-03-05, 15:20
wel i tried it any way and i had cider and i didnt feel ill at all but i didnt get drunk neither wen i drunk more then enough :os

Boink
Wed, Jul-06-05, 07:42
Yeah, I found that to be the case myself. Granted, I just had plain low carb beer at a party on the fourth and I found myself to be quite cheery!

xnikx
Mon, Jul-25-05, 14:19
the past two weeeks iv got drunk and been fine, but only prob is iv now put on half a stone, is this coz of the drink?

bluiiedgrl
Tue, Jul-26-05, 16:51
What does that mean..."half a stone?" TIA!

xnikx
Tue, Jul-26-05, 17:13
wel theres 14pounds in a stone so half that is 7 so iv put on 7 pounds