PDA

View Full Version : ARTICHOKE/CHEESE SNACKS???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mjchyzy
Tue, Nov-13-01, 17:26
DOES ANYONE HAVE A LOWER-CARB RECIPE FOR ARTICHOKE CHEESE NIBBLERS? MY RECIPE ALSO HAS BREAD CRUMBS...

wangeci
Wed, Nov-14-01, 11:56
I have a recipe for Artichoke dip that is fabulous, but not cheese nibblers.....

1 can chopped artichoke hearts, drained and choppped
1 cup mayonaise (Helman's or real mayo, not miracle whip)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp. chopped garlic.

Mix well, place in a couple shallow bowls and bake for 15 minutes on 350, I sometimes bake mine longer. It is fabulous with lower carb crackers or pork Rinds.
Enjoy

mjchyzy
Wed, Jan-23-02, 15:12
Yes, yes, yes :-)

This is GREAT!

Too bad I can't locate Helman's where I live. I remember it so vividly from my childhood back in Minnesota.

Thanks for the post!

doreen T
Wed, Jan-23-02, 15:21
Can you find Best Foods Real Mayonnaise in your part of the country?? Well, Best Foods and Hellman's are one and the same. :cool: Same company, but for whatever reason, they label differently depending on the region.

Check out the BestFoods website (http://brands.bestfoods.com/mayo/).

Doreen

iceyfire77
Tue, Jun-01-04, 22:20
I didn't know Hellman's and Best Foods were the same. I'm in AZ, but I'm from NY and I thought Best Foods was their generic brand here LMAO so I kept buying WalMart cause I was like, whoa...how you gonna charge me almost $3 for some generic mayo when Walmart's only charging me $1.75 for theirs. I'm a dork.

becca