PDA

View Full Version : Getting Back into it after miscarriage...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

aeburse4
Mon, Jun-13-05, 07:05
I was pregnant with twins until I lost them at about 12 weeks last month. It was a devistating loss, and has been tough to get through. While I was pregnant, I did not follow low carb at all because the DR was keeping such a close eye on my weight. I gained about a pound a week up until the time I lost them. I am not back down to almost where I was before, but am having a harder time staying motivated this time. I have been on the pill for a month now and decided to stop it to see if maybe that would spur some more weight loss.

I just wanted everyone here to know how much I have apreciated their support before and during my pregnancy. I am not planning on trying again until the end of the summer, mostly because I am petrified. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experiance, or motivational tips.

Thanks

ouzogirl
Mon, Jun-13-05, 13:47
Hi Amanda,

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the pain you are going thru right now.

I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. Hugs...

LilliesMum
Fri, Jun-17-05, 04:48
Hi Amanda,
Take good care of yourself and good luck with your goals. I am really sorry too and hope your feeling okay.
Take care :wave:

egnue
Tue, Jun-21-05, 12:21
Awwww hon, I am so sorry. I feel your pain. I tried invitro twice and had 4 failed adoption so I do understand. God is in control and has perfect timing for things like this. It may not be our timing, but his is better.

I now have 2 miracle babies, one is an 18 month old son and an 11 month old daughter. My story is long, but if you would like to read it, it is on page 17 of my journal.

I wish you the best and don't be afraid.

Lisa N
Tue, Jun-21-05, 16:01
I'm so sorry for your loss, Amanda. :there: I've been there also (lost mine at 17 weeks). My best advice would be to focus on maintainence and helping your body recover as well as your emotions. Grieving takes a lot out of you, both emotionally and physically. Eat for the best nutrition possible so your body is ready when you decide to try again. I think we tried again too soon after we lost ours (got pregnant again 4 1/2 months after) and while I absolutely don't regret having my beautiful daughter, it was a very emotional pregnancy for me.

foxgluvs
Tue, Jun-21-05, 16:08
I have just been throug the exact same situation, but for me it was one baby.
I can honestly feel your pain and hurt at the time. It is the most awful thing and if you ever need an ear I am here for you.

I can recommend perhaps changing plans. I went from having been on atkins for 11 months, to then getting pregnant, and having a 3 month break. I put on 5lbs in that time because I was eating cr*p. I then lost the baby and I tried atkins again, but I was getting nowhere fast. I then went onto the South Beach plan, and it is really ecellent!!

If you want to look more into it, then feel free to come by my thread (link through the picture at the bottom of my signature of the beach) and we're a nice bunch over there. You can take a look at food lists/helpful hints on what to do, and essentially it's atkins but a bit lower fat and higher carb.

Anyway, i'll leave it to you.
We're here if you need us!

aeburse4
Wed, Jun-22-05, 10:50
Thank so much everyone...your support is greatly appriciated. I am back into atkins and hit my goal yesturday. One triumph at a time. I don't think that my husband I will try for another few months or so. I am just soooo scared to even think about it right now. But...I am not one to give up easily...you never know. God does have miraculous timing.

Much Love

Amanda

Lisa N
Thu, Jun-23-05, 14:41
God does have miraculous timing

And a sense of humor. After 8 years of trying and being told it wasn't possible, then losing our first, my 2 daughters are 11 months apart. My OB just shook his head and laughed when I came in pregnant for the third time in 2 years (especially since he's the one who said it would never happen). :lol:

HollyAyott
Thu, Jun-23-05, 14:54
I was pregnant with twins until I lost them at about 12 weeks last month. It was a devistating loss, and has been tough to get through. While I was pregnant, I did not follow low carb at all because the DR was keeping such a close eye on my weight. I gained about a pound a week up until the time I lost them. I am not back down to almost where I was before, but am having a harder time staying motivated this time. I have been on the pill for a month now and decided to stop it to see if maybe that would spur some more weight loss.

I am really sorry to hear about what your going through. I have been there, more than once. A year ago I lost twins at 37 weeks, I am still dealing with the loss and pain, and still trying to jump start my weight loss. I gained a lot of weight and it seems like its not going anywhere.

If you want to talk or need a friend I am always around. Give yourself time to heal. Medically they reccomend you wait 3 full normal cycles before TTC again, but do what you feel is right..

Hugs!