PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream, Ridiculously Easy Strawberry

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Meeker
Fri, Nov-09-01, 20:06
This is so easy I feel silly for posting it. But it might not occur to some people. I didn't think of it, it was an accident :D
This is not an induction dessert obviously. But it's great because you can make as much as you desire. The numbers below are to just give an idea.

2/3 cup frozen strawberries (13 carb - 2 fiber)
lots of cream 6 tbl spoons? (3 carb)
1 packet splenda (1 carb or 0 if you have the liquid)

Put frozen strawberries in bowl, rinse and drain with hand to get the ice off.
Add cream and splenda.
Mash and mix with fork for a LONG time. (mashing is half the fun)
Add more cream for desired texture if necessary.

Could be 2 servings, or one really satisfying serving.

Unless you are one of those people who can taste the splenda, this is BETTER than store bought sugared ice cream. I had my landlady taste it and she was shocked at how good it was (she hates everything that isn't meat, potatoes, and twinkies).

sldeal
Sun, Sep-24-06, 16:40
I'll give this a try over the weekend - can't wait to buy the ingredients. Sounds too delicious to be so easy.

This is so easy I feel silly for posting it. But it might not occur to some people. I didn't think of it, it was an accident :D
This is not an induction dessert obviously. But it's great because you can make as much as you desire. The numbers below are to just give an idea.

2/3 cup frozen strawberries (13 carb - 2 fiber)
lots of cream 6 tbl spoons? (3 carb)
1 packet splenda (1 carb or 0 if you have the liquid)

Put frozen strawberries in bowl, rinse and drain with hand to get the ice off.
Add cream and splenda.
Mash and mix with fork for a LONG time. (mashing is half the fun)
Add more cream for desired texture if necessary.

Could be 2 servings, or one really satisfying serving.

Unless you are one of those people who can taste the splenda, this is BETTER than store bought sugared ice cream. I had my landlady taste it and she was shocked at how good it was (she hates everything that isn't meat, potatoes, and twinkies).