PDA

View Full Version : Skin Tags?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

susansmk
Thu, May-26-05, 07:20
I was wondering if any of you are stuck with icky skin tags? I have them on my neck and under my breasts, and they really bother me. What have you done about yours? Is their removal typically a service covered by insurance?

petersn78
Thu, May-26-05, 07:42
I think there was a thread here once that said to put dental floss around it and wait till it goes numb and then snip it off. i could be wrong...So dont take my word for it. Hopefully some other people will have a better answer:)

HollyAyott
Thu, May-26-05, 07:57
yeah I have heard lots of people snipping them on thier own, however, its covered by my insurance to have them removed by the dermatologist for like a $20 co-pay he removes them all at once. It doesnt hurt a little sting maybe is all.

wyospain
Fri, May-27-05, 14:14
Hi, I went to my primary care doctor and he just snipped them off. Only had to pay the co-pay. Best $20 I ever spent. I think he removed 10 of them in just a few minutes.