PDA

View Full Version : mushroom-sausage stuffing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lilwannabe
Thu, Nov-08-01, 14:12
4 onions, thinly sliced
2-4 TBSP olive oil
4 c coarsely chopped Mushrooms
salt and pepper
1/4 c dry white wine
2 TBSP butter
2 lbs spicy Turkey sausage meat [remove castings]
1 bunch fresh tarragon leaves

Saute the onions in olive oil over medium-low heat until carmelized, about 30 mins. Turn the heat up to medium-high and add mushrooms. Saute until crisp on the edges, about 10-15 mins. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat on high and add the wine and let it cook off for a couple of mins. Then lower the heat and simmer with the mushrooms for another 10 mins. Stir in the butter, 1 TBSP at a time until combined. Remove from heat and set aside. In a large skillet, brown the sausage. When cooked through, about 5-7 mins, add to the mushroom mixture along with the tarragon and combine thoroughly.

Thankyou Joanna Rose for this recipe.

KASSY
Tue, Nov-27-01, 14:54
What do you stuff this in, or do you eat it as a side dish?

lilwannabe
Tue, Nov-27-01, 15:01
This is eaten as a side dish...just follow directions, and then it is ready.

Citruskiss
Sun, Dec-18-05, 21:59
I know this is an old post, but just wanted to let everyone know I tried this recipe tonight (for an early Christmas dinner) and it was *fabulous*

Everyone (including non-LC'ers) loved it.

Great recipe - and thanks for posting it.

Sara :)

PS - I just made this as a side dish, didn't "stuff" it into the turkey. I made the turkey using an unusal recipe I found at Safeway - something called "Two Hour Turkey" and it also turned out really well.