PDA

View Full Version : Blood Pressure Question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Natrushka
Wed, Nov-07-01, 08:19
I know that smoking increased BP and quitting will lower it, my question is how long does it take before you notice a drop? I quit on Friday (Nov 2), my BP has been on average 132 / 79 and when I tested it this morning it was around 136 / 83 . Could this be because of withdrawal?

Nat

mjchyzy
Mon, Dec-03-01, 10:53
CONGRATULATIONS quitting hard! You deserve a pat on the back and a Sugar Free Lime Jello w/ Redi Whip :-)

My question is also about BP... My BP has been borderline High/Normal. I took it at the local drug store because I noticed "sun burn" face every day, all day for a few weeks....

The BP was 163/85. The top # is way higher than normal 120... and higher than my high of 135.... Any thoughts....?

My "induction" doctor appointment is in two weeks for the physical I requested back in September... Doctors are so busy!!

TTFN

Homegirl
Mon, Dec-03-01, 11:03
Nat, are you still taking Hydroxycut? (Hope I spelled it right?) Could that affect your blood pressure?

Natrushka
Mon, Dec-03-01, 11:08
Originally posted by Homegirl
Nat, are you still taking Hydroxycut? (Hope I spelled it right?) Could that affect your blood pressure?

Yes and it does effect both blood pressure and heart rate, but I posted this long before I started that.

mjchyzy, I can only suggest you keep monitoring it. Are you under any stress? have you been drinking more coffee than usual? Be sure you get to your doctors appointment!

Nat

Homegirl
Mon, Dec-03-01, 11:17
Should be paying more attention to dates, eh? (LOL)

golemShed
Fri, Dec-28-01, 16:50
I am also on the borderline of high blood pressure, which is a family concern, if you get my drift. Anyhow, i went to one of those places in the pharmacy and tested my blood pressure. The first time i did it, it was where it usually hangs (which i can't remember now, it was a long time ago) and then i did it again, and i found that i can drop my blood pressure numbers by just concentrating on my heartrate. I thought it was cool, but no one else (my gf's family) seemed to think too much of it. I dropped it down to like 120/65 or something. It started around 165 or so, if i/m remembering right. Maybe that's my special super hero power. Well, off to fight cime with my fluctuating bp.

Onward to Glory!