PDA

View Full Version : Yogurt

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

aofe
Wed, May-11-05, 14:43
I have always been a fan of yogurt and came across creamier probiotic yogurt from Irish Yogurts. It has just over 8 grammes of carbs. It is gorgeously creamy, sweetened with sucralose and is made with live yogurt cultures. Has anyone heard of it. I hope it is ok on atkins. Have been eating it for nearly 2 weeks now and have not put on weight. Have not lost weight either but have not been exercising either.

:yum:

HollyAyott
Wed, May-11-05, 14:51
LC yogurt like any other LC product is a YMMV ( your milage may vary) kinda product. I personally cant eat the LC yogurt, but cna have a slice or two of LC bread. If your not stalling because of it then enjoy, if you are then limit it to a treat once in a while.

P.S, there are some brands that make specific LC yogurt with a lower carb count than that.

Armonita
Tue, May-17-05, 15:53
There are different natural yogurts you can actually have on LC... The lowest carb-count is the 'Total Greek Natural Yogurt' (its in Tesco and that). It has about 6 (or something) carbs per 100ml. Another low one is the LIDL Natural yogurt (in the big 500ml tub)... it has about 7 per 100ml. It's really refreshing and cool if you're craving Ice-Cream or something...especially since tis' the season of sun. One just has to be careful about how much you actually consume-its easy to go overboard on it...so much comes out in a big spoon! :)