PDA

View Full Version : MY LITTLE STARTING SUCCESS STORY!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Shimmer
Thu, Nov-01-01, 11:00
Well I decided to post a "little" success story........its the only success story I have so far! :D

I started the LC diet on Sept 1, 2001 ~ my starting weight was 165 and I am 5'2.

I weighed myself exactly 1 month later (9/30/01) and I weighed 145!!!!!

I lost 20 pounds in 30 days with no exercise at all!

I had to go off of the LC diet in October to under go some surgery...but to my surprise......I did not gain any of that 20 pounds back! I did "watch" my carbs in October but I had to eat that hospital food...eeeeewwwwww ...... so I just picked around the carbs and ate what I could!

Well I re-weighed on Oct 31, 2001 to re-start the LC diet and I started again yesterday at 145! YEAH!!!!!!

I plan on weighing myself more often this month......for inspiration...maybe every other day or once a week....I havent decided that yet.

I want to lose another 20 pounds this month (nov) so that I will weigh 125 by the end of Nov. (keep your fingers crossed!)

My doctor says I need to get to 105-110------>hmmmmmm~
we will see!!! :daze: :spin:

But for those of you who are just starting the LC diet.....I thought you would like to read that I lost 20 pounds in 30 days my very first month!!

Thanks! :D

alto
Sat, Nov-03-01, 21:56
That's a great success story, Shimmer! Good for you :) Not only losing that 20 pounds, but keeping it off during a trying time. I hope the rest of your journey goes smoothly -- but please don't get discouraged if you don't magically drop 20 pounds so quickly a second time :) Getting there is the important thing!

Bellla63
Sun, Nov-04-01, 13:30
Keep on Shining!!! :D :D Way to go!!!

LC Sponge
Sun, Nov-04-01, 16:30
Hey Shimmer:

It just tickles my heart to hear stories like yours!!!

Don't "hmmmm" on the 105-110 goal!!! I expect you can do it :)

sunshine2
Mon, Nov-05-01, 14:25
Hey what a start you have. 20 pounds in a month is great, and with no exercise!!!! Keep up the great work and motivation, the 105-110 will be here before you know it.

mo8709
Thu, Oct-19-06, 17:02
Thanks because today is day 1 for me and that motivated the hell out of me! Especially since with my three year old I do not get the time to go to the gym. thanks and good work!

cys
Fri, Oct-20-06, 08:27
Shimmer, thats awesome. I am happy that you posted your success story. I've been on for exactly 13 days today. I've switched from atkins to SB but I've stayed below 25 carbs everyday. I haven't weighed myself yet because I think I will get discouraged if I don't see significant weight loss.

Oh well you are an inspiration. If I could lose 20lbs in 30 days I would surely stick to this WOL for sure!

Congrats!
CYS