PDA

View Full Version : The exercise stuff

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LondonIan
Thu, Apr-21-05, 06:13
I know that mainly it is the foodstuffs that are still being worked on, but I was wondering about the exercise feature.

Personally, I'm happy to find out the details for individual exericse and feed it in. But I've been trying to monitor myself on the 10,000 steps program. Any ideas how to record this effectively?

tamarian
Thu, Apr-21-05, 06:33
I don't know what the 10,000 steps program is. But if you know what the burn ratio is per time/weight, we can convert it.

Wa'il

LondonIan
Thu, Apr-21-05, 12:13
Ah, well, that's the problem. The aim is to reach 10,000 steps per day. This equals about 5 miles of walking at moderate pace. Most people manage about 3-5K paces a day.

I guess I could just estimate the mileage and put it in as moderate walking?

tamarian
Thu, Apr-21-05, 16:55
I guess I could just estimate the mileage and put it in as moderate walking?

That should do it. You can also create a custom walking routine, and fine tune it to the desired burn rate.

Wa'il