PDA

View Full Version : My favorite crock pot beef stew

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

uggamugga4
Mon, Apr-11-05, 14:38
4 lbs round of beef beef;of baron
tsp olive oil
1tsp cumin
salt to taste
fresh cracked pepper to taste
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown mustard
garlic powder 1/4
1 tbs rosemary
2 cups water
2 cans green beans, (fresh always works too)
1-2 lbs of cooked bacon chunks and bits. (not just your regular stuff, but the thick bacon)
pan, I prefer cast iron
crock pot

Start off by pan searing the beef (both sides) in olive oil, sprinkle the cumin, garlic powder, salt, and cracked pepper on both sides of the beef. Sear the beef until its nice and crispy brown looking. It won't be done in the middle, no where near.

Turn crock pot on to high. Add soysauce, then the seared beef, top with the brown mustard, rosemary. Do not add liquid at this point. Leave the beef in for about 3 hrs, until it just barely starts to crumble, then stir the mustard, and meat, and the liquid you do have in there around. Add water, green beans and bacon. ( I do this because it seems so much tastier when I do this, rather than add the water from the beginning.) Let it cook for another hour or two, until it all just becomes this wonderful stew. If you like your stew's to have more of a concentrated taste, add less water, but if you want more of a power packed soup/stew, more water is great. Careful not to use too much.

OMG, this is so good and comforting. Especially when you're sick.

Now I'm on to read more stew recipe's. Let me know if you try this!