PDA

View Full Version : Tri Cholesterol

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lessara
Mon, Oct-29-01, 07:07
Hi I have a question: I had my cholesterol tested two months ago and I had the following numbers:
Colesteriol: 162 Should be <150
Tri : 335 Should be <150
Glucose: 152 Should be <120

I was curious if eating alot of meat and animal fat, such as cream and butter would make my Tri's even worse? I ask because I get another test done next month and I'm nervous. :eek:

Atriana
Mon, Oct-29-01, 10:16
Triglycerides drop dramatically when eating low carb. Mine went from 265 to 104 in a few months. I was totally amazed.

Natrushka
Mon, Oct-29-01, 10:39
Lessara, pull out your copy of Protein Power and take a look at the chapter on cholesterol, they provide a very informative and easy to read explanation on how and why LC works to lower your overal cholesterol and triglycerides. It really does work but you should be sure to wait until you've been LCing at least 3 months before getting retested.

Nat

Lessara
Mon, Oct-29-01, 11:26
Thanks Nat! I knew I read it some where and I couldn't find the source. I will look at PP tonight. My next test will be after my 3 month mark, I'll have to let you all know my results!
Thank you too, Atriana! I will feel less nervous next month when I get my test. Your words are encouraging! :p