PDA

View Full Version : Ottawa get-together?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lisaf
Sun, Oct-28-01, 18:46
I'm wondering if anyone out there in Ottawa and surrounding areas would be interested in getting together for some low-carb munchies the first week of December! Let me know...Natrushka and I are keen!!!

Lisa :wave:

LC Sponge
Sun, Oct-28-01, 18:54
Can it be on a weekend? I'm 1.5 hour drive from Ottawa but I'd love to come and meet the Ottawa *group*.

lisaf
Mon, Oct-29-01, 07:18
We'll have to see who's interested and when they are available. I would also prefer a weekend!

Lisa

Natrushka
Mon, Oct-29-01, 11:12
Hi guys. I moved this to the Canada forum and entered my vote as well :)

I am free the first weekend in December (1st and 2nd) but everything after that is booked with xmas parties and family functions :(

Any ideas on restaurants? Obviously something LC friendly ;)

Nat

lisaf
Mon, Oct-29-01, 11:21
Personally, I like a good steakhouse (big steak, very rare, hold the potato, extra veggies please!) but I'm totally open to suggestions. I've had decent meals at Montana's.

Lisa

lisaf
Thu, Nov-01-01, 06:57
The December 1-2 weekend is great for me too -- LC, do you prefer lunch or dinner? I know you have a longish drive so maybe its best if you decide. Nat/LC - where do you like to eat?

Lisa

Natrushka
Thu, Nov-01-01, 07:27
I like to eat everywhere... in the kitchen. the dining room.... ;) Seriously, anything is fine. Steakhouse sounds good. Something not downtown might be a good idea for those driving in. Brunchish is a good idea too.

Nat

LC Sponge
Thu, Nov-01-01, 17:04
Lisa - My preference is mid dayish meal - especially if we all hit it off and want to walk the malls after. ;) Otherwise, I'll have to make up an excuse why I have to leave early LOL!

But if the choice is dinner - I'm cool on that too - driving at night is OK with me.

lisaf
Thu, Nov-01-01, 19:43
Nat - have you been to Le Bifteque (out by Ikea)? - I've heard everything from awesome to so-so... I must confess since LC'ing I've not eaten out much unless its one of my few cheat nights. Sounds like we should all hop a plane to BC and go for Greek with the rest of 'em!

Why don't we at least agree on meeting for lunch! After that, Nat and I can settle on a restaurant.

Lisa

P.S. Word of caution - unless you are EXTREMELY brave or a true lover of the whole Christmas shopping experience, I would suggest avoiding a mall in December!

Natrushka
Thu, Nov-01-01, 20:08
Been to Le Bifteque, it was quite good. was pre LC days though :) They had the most awsome croutons. Must have been soaked in butter for days. :p Ikea is right there, and the Home Sense store, it's not a mall, but they do accept Visa ;)

Late lunch sounds grand.

Nat

Muse
Thu, Nov-01-01, 21:57
Count me in too, guys!!! The first weekend in December sounds great. I'm 1 and 1/4 hours away, and would prefer the lunch thang if it could work.

If I recall correctly, doesn't Le Biftheque have an amazing salad bar?...I know the one in Montreal does...and if memory serves me right there was an amazing block of crumbly cheddar cheese on it....MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm.

Actually, anywhere will be perfect...looking forward!

Muse :)

lisaf
Fri, Nov-02-01, 07:13
Yayyyy Muse!

Alright - let's Bifteque then! Its also convenient for out of towners since its right off the Queensway. I have a personal preference for Sunday ... say around 1 p.m.?

Nat or I can send you each a PM with instructions on how to get there closer to the actual date...might help to know which way you'd be coming into town. Now, do you prefer "girl" instructions (i.e. turn left after the cute yellow house with the cool mailbox) or "boy" instructions (East on the highway for 10 minutes, exit at Androgen Street)? ;)

Lisa

Natrushka
Fri, Nov-02-01, 07:38
Originally posted by lisaf
Now, do you prefer "girl" instructions (i.e. turn left after the cute yellow house with the cool mailbox) or "boy" instructions (East on the highway for 10 minutes, exit at Androgen Street)? ;)

*lmao* I'm going to go out on a limb and say Muse prefers "boy" directions. I know I would.

N

Muse
Fri, Nov-02-01, 13:19
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!! .....whatever!!!!!!!!

....we'll have a blast no matter how we get there! ...and hey, we'll all be skinnier by then!!! YAY! :daze:

Muse

techgirl
Mon, Nov-05-01, 22:20
Hi,

I think I would like to come too! I know where the resto is so can someone confirm time and date?

Thanks

Techgirl

LC Sponge
Tue, Nov-06-01, 05:03
That's great Techgirl - the more the merrier.

We need date time confirmation and, for those of us who are of the pioneer spirit, but a bit *ottawa challenged*, 'boys' directions :)

Natrushka
Tue, Nov-06-01, 08:33
Ok so do we want a Sat or a Sunday guys? I'm open to either. And directions I can do, I'll have a peak at mapquest today.

Nat

techgirl
Tue, Nov-06-01, 14:04
I prefer a Saturday lunch.

:-)

Natrushka
Tue, Nov-06-01, 14:33
Here's the first picture from mapquest

Le Biftheque
2750 Iris,
Ottawa, ON
(613)820-4220

Nat

Natrushka
Tue, Nov-06-01, 14:34
Larger scale.

We can do directions later

Nat

lisaf
Tue, Nov-06-01, 15:19
Saturday suits me fine too! Actually, I'm easy either way (but not all ways ;) )

Here's some quick directions (typed these all out beautifully earlier then lost my connection - argh!):

On Queensway - approaching from the east - exit Pinecrest and Greenbank - turn left at lights, over bridge, left and next lights (but from right-most turn lane) - restaurant is the second building on the right.

If approaching from west - exit Pinecrest and Greenbank - go straight through first lights - restaurant is second building on the right. Too easy!

Was that "boy" enough?

Lisa

LC Sponge
Tue, Nov-06-01, 17:16
Thanks Nat - does the blue star represent the restaurant?

Lisa thanks for the instructions, they were MANLY.

My preference is Saturday too. If we say 12:00 is that too uncivilized a time for elegant ladies to have lunch? :)

Do we need reservations?

Natrushka
Tue, Nov-06-01, 18:31
Yes, the blue star is Le Biftheque, apparently MapQuest couldnt manage the plastic cows out front of the restaurant. Btw, there are plastic cows out front of the restaurant guys, can't miss it. ;)

Nat

Should double check if they are open at noon first, could be an issue. Hold on...... K, open at 11:30 and we can get reservations. The wonders of technology :)

Natrushka
Thu, Nov-15-01, 14:58
So I guess now we need a head count and a preferred time. I was thinking 12:30 - 1 ish? And my two heads are up for counting (bringing the other half with me) oh boy does that read funny now

Nat

LC Sponge
Thu, Nov-15-01, 20:00
Whatever time is good for everybody is OK with me. Who else is bringing a *guest*? I wasn't planning to, but I'll not be the only wallflower if everybody else has a beau!

lisaf
Fri, Nov-16-01, 07:47
Just 'lil ole me...someone needs to take care of the kids!!

Lisa

LC Sponge
Fri, Nov-16-01, 17:46
Good - my guy can stay home then :D It's not often I get time out with the *girls* (for all intents and purposes Nat's beau is one of the girls :thup: )

Muse
Wed, Nov-28-01, 21:47
Hey guys!!! I've been MIA for a couple weeks...work work work....making me a "dull boy" hahahahaha.

Hoping this weekend lunch is still happening and that delinquent posters.....uh me......are still allowed?!

Can't wait to meet everyone face to face! Did we decide 12:30?

Muse

LC Sponge
Wed, Nov-28-01, 22:15
Hey Muse - I'm still up for it, and 12:30 was last mentioned and never argued :) so that's my ETA.

lisaf
Thu, Nov-29-01, 07:20
Sounds great to me! I have 12:30 down! Nat, I may need a ride but don't know for sure. Did you happen to ask if we can make reservations? I would expect it to be busy when all the holiday shoppers decide to go for lunch.

Lisa

Natrushka
Thu, Nov-29-01, 14:30
I made reservations for 12:30 p.m. under "LC Ottawa" for 6.

Nat

itsjoyful
Fri, Nov-30-01, 19:17
have a great time. :daze: wish i could go. let us know how it goes.!! :D
regards,
brenda