PDA

View Full Version : New items

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

peadar
Sat, Apr-02-05, 17:41
Tesco's have Heinz low carb biscuits (chocolate chip and Sultana) which are lovely for texture but aren't so sweet, which I don't mind because of not eating sugar.

When I was down in Kerry the rest of my family were eating 99's and chocolate Easter eggs but I really didn't care 'cause I've gotten sugar out of my system so if you're like me, you'll like these bickies with a coffee after meals.

Also, the Boots chocolate bars are lovely too.

Forgive me if these are repeats, but I know that when you're on this program of eating it's good to know the options. I couldn't get by without some of these goodies. They are helpful indeed!

Peadar

jadefox26
Sat, Apr-09-05, 05:02
I love the boots chocolate! Very nice indeed, they do a choc orange bar which is fantastic and 4g carbs!

peadar
Sat, Apr-09-05, 08:05
You said it. I've got one in front of me now. Yummm.

Peadar

greannmhar
Sun, Apr-10-05, 14:03
My local Boots (NI) has sold out of the LC chocolate for weeks and shows no sign of replacing supplies. The rest of the cr*p remains on the shelves unsold - most of it is so awful that anyone who thought this was the best that LC could supply must have hot-footed it to the low-fat aisle and 'weightwitchers'!
Shows once again how we should try not to become too dependent on frankenfoods - many of them are here today and gone tomorrow. I have also noticed that LC Rolos (yum yum!) are on special in Superdrug at 2 for £1.50 (NI). Please don't tell me they are on the way out - these were the nicest LC treat for me and no polybelly effect.
Babs

peadar
Mon, Apr-11-05, 02:35
that's 'cause they're full of aspartame.

Peadar

aofe
Mon, Apr-11-05, 14:54
Hi all,

I love the atkins chocolate orange protein bar. Unfortunately i have o.d.'d on them lately and cant stand the sight of them. That is probably why i have not lost weight in ages (or put it on). Have come across a recipe for rye bread at 2gr carbohydrate per slice. It is yummy! It anyone wants the recipe just ask!

greannmhar
Mon, Apr-11-05, 20:16
Would love to have the recipe for rye bread, Aofe. Thanks.

Peadar, maybe sacrilege, but I'd rather have the aspartame than the polybelly - and my DH would rather I had it too :)

Babs

R0B
Wed, Apr-20-05, 04:59
Hi aofe,
I'd like to get that recipe for the rye bread aswell!
(Hope it's easy to make - my baking skills are not the best)