PDA

View Full Version : GRRR im stuck!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

moonmist
Sat, Oct-27-01, 15:18
alright, ive been at a stall for about 2 months now :mad: !!! i still try to eat low carbs and everything, but being stuck has been causing me to wanna eat a lot. i wanna start loosing again!!! how do i get out of my stall? i've heard about temporarily doing low fat along with low carb can get you out of a stall, is that true? if so, what do i eat?

LC Sponge
Thu, Nov-01-01, 20:17
Jiggle the handle.

The body will pause...... in its weigh loss....... occasionally.

Pauses are nothing to be alarmed about. I know it is frustrating. But you didn't gain this weight in a steady upward manner either - you plateaued on the way up.

However, you CAN sometimes hurry things along by making changes... any kind of changes... in carbs - up or down, in calories - up or down, and in exercise - different type.

The trick is, if you make a change, stay with it long enough (at least a week) to give it a chance to really work.

We just THINK we are in control - our bodies have a different time clock. ;)

Fumih_81
Sat, Nov-03-01, 00:30
I guess you need to somewhat totally eliminate any carbs that u have been taking....as low as possible....but doesnt mean u cant take even a single gram of carb...

I was in a stall for abt close to 1 week (indeed frustrating! :mad: ) and I eliminated soy milk, some snacks that are supposed to be low carb. and stick to eating pure meat, butter, pepper~ ...in my personal preference. It is just that sometimes i fear my hard-loss weight will bounce back when an occasion comes...eg birthday disasters, bbq events etc.

But no matter what, if u are experiencing a stall, or you just had a birthday disaster...immediately cut down drastically on your carb intake (induction diet), plus drink more water so that you can get back on track as soon as possible. (Results vary from person to person) :thup:

Good luck!

ShirleyL
Sun, Nov-04-01, 19:06
I have stalled three times in 19 weeks, each time for almost two weeks. I know my body - this is how it works.

The first stall was the worst - when you're just starting out and so anxious and excited to see the weight go. Be patient, keep working at it, and your weight will move again. My third stall seems to have come along the time I got lazy and stopped exercising. Walking two miles during my lunch hour this past week for four days, and the weight is already moving again.

Hang tough!

Shirley
Floida