PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bunny Lite 85 Yogurt

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kirkwood
Fri, Oct-26-01, 10:36
Can anyone confirm this link before I go and buy 20 of them?

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/reviews-misc.html

--Kirkwood

IslandGirl
Tue, Nov-06-01, 17:46
What is it you want to know, I don't understand what you mean by "confirm this link"?

Kirkwood
Tue, Nov-06-01, 21:19
My husband is a food scientist and he thinks their claim is bogus. I didn't want to buy any unless anyone else has had luck with it.

IslandGirl
Wed, Nov-07-01, 02:02
Well, since your note didn't say just what was considered bogus about the product(or why), I was forced to go and find the website myself.

As far as I can tell, there's nothing bogus about the yogurts. There have been lab tests performed by reputable medical professionals (see http://www.go-diet.com) on yogurt, and it's well-known that the FDA labelling 'set-up' is such that carbs are usually counted, legally, by manufacturers "by difference" AND the carbs in the milk that makes the yogurt are counted BEFORE the bacterial cultures get to work digesting the lactose to make lactic acid (not a carb).

So unless your food scientist has some specific whys and wherefores to justify the "bogus" claim, my researches for the past 3 years on the subject of Low Carb and related issues tell me otherwise...

It IS however, your personal call as to whether you are sensitive to the remaining lactose, and there's only one way to find out.

Me, I make my own yogurt and sweeten it with Splenda, add real fruit like raspberries when I can. Works for me.

Hope this helps some.

PS: you might find a lot of discussion in various forums by doing a search on "yogurt". It's a popular subject.

Kirkwood
Wed, Nov-07-01, 08:27
Thanks for your insight. I'll definately check this out!