PDA

View Full Version : I want cream without the sugar!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Steph_hi
Wed, Oct-24-01, 07:52
I went to the grocery store to buy some heavy whipping cream. They had whipping cream 35%. But it had sugar added to it. .5 gr per tablespoon!!! (is that prepared or liquid?)

So did the table cream and the half and half cream!! It says dextrose right in the ingredients. :eek:

Does anyone know which brand has the lowest sugar content. The one i looked at was Parmalat (Beatrice).

Any suggestions? :confused:

And they didn't carry porkrinds! RRR guess i have to find a better place to shop LOL!!

thanks,

Steph

Natrushka
Wed, Oct-24-01, 08:08
Try bulk barn for the pork rinds, Loblaws carries them as well.

As for the cream, I buy mine at loblaws, plain old cream (liquid) I think I get sealtest. When you say it had .5g of carbs, did it say sugars? Cream, whipping cream that is, has .6g of carbs per tablespoon, or 6.6 carbs per cup.

Nat

Steph_hi
Wed, Oct-24-01, 08:15
thanks,

it did say .5 gr carbs/tablespoon. I bought the liquid. So i guess yours is the same. I just thought it would be almost carb free. OOpps. Gotta watch those 'hidden ones'

thanks for the advice.

Boy oh boy girlfriend almost under 200!!! yay for you!!! :yay:
I am at 202 and i can't wait to get rid of that nasty digit!! LOL

I know you love chicken wings, I like them too, i want to go out on wing night and eat some but i worry about the batter. and sauce. How do you go about that?

thanks,

Steph
:rheart:

Karen
Wed, Oct-24-01, 10:21
Steph, all dairy products contain carbs. The more fat, the less carbs, so cheese like Brie or Cambozola is lower in carbs. It's not usually something you have to worry about unless you are scarfing back pounds a day.

Karen

Natrushka
Wed, Oct-24-01, 10:46
Originally posted by Steph_hi
I know you love chicken wings, I like them too, i want to go out on wing night and eat some but i worry about the batter. and sauce. How do you go about that?

Oh do I adore wings. And bacon. and butter! All those things I'd been depriving myself of for 13 years!

Wings, stay away from BBQ and honey garlic, go hot, or medium. Fried is fine, I try to stay away from the ones with a big coating of flour. A lot of places just spice and fry them.

One more lb to break 200. This will be an event I think :)

Cheers,
Nat

Karen
Wed, Oct-24-01, 10:50
Wouldn't it be cool if it happened, say on Sunday! A true cause for a big celebration!

Karen

Natrushka
Wed, Oct-24-01, 10:53
Originally posted by Karen
Wouldn't it be cool if it happened, say on Sunday! A true cause for a big celebration!

yes, this would be great.... 198 would be even better!! I'm not due to go near the scales until the weekend so we'll see.

N