PDA

View Full Version : Gabrielle's Success

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GabrielleG
Thu, Mar-10-05, 12:56
I didn’t need that red needle coming to rest on the thick black 250 to tell me I had a problem. My thighs chafed when I walked longer than 15 minutes, my knees cracked and my lungs burned from walking up short flights of stairs. I had to purchase men’s jeans in order for them to fit comfortably. I wore 42DDD bras and I would have rather licked botulism than hop on a scale.

Eventually there came a day when I decided that it was time to get my life and myself back. No matter how many years I’d spent as an “overweight” adult, I never felt comfortable with that title. I always thought of myself as active. I would even tell people I didn’t eat much in order to dispel any misconceptions regarding HOW I got as big as I was. I realized that in order for me to lose weight and become healthy, I would have to find out exactly how much damage I had done to myself over the years. With heart pounding and eyes squinting, I stepped on the scale and confirmed what I had already suspected. I wasn’t just overweight. I was morbidly obese.

Since I began my weight loss journey, I’ve given a great deal of thought to what may have caused my obesity. But in truth, it was probably a combination of things. As a child, I believed friends who had pantries stocked with cookies, candies and sugary cereals to be rich. In my teens, when I did begin to care about my weight, I would remedy perceived love handles by not eating. As a young adult, I ate junk foods because I was too lazy to cook. In my mid 20’s, I was ratcheted up the ranks of my company to a management position, complete with expense account. I was expected to wine and dine clients weekly; a chore that I completed without complaint. And finally, in my late 20’s I suffered from what I now believe to be undiagnosed depression.

You’re probably thinking: How could she not know she was depressed? I didn’t know, because I didn’t have any of the symptoms that I associated with depression. I didn’t lie in my bed and hide from the world. I wasn’t particularly sad or angry. I got up every morning, got dressed, went to work and sometimes even managed a legitimate smile. Oh, and I ate.

I ate as much as my boyfriend at the time and neither of us thought anything of it. When that relationship ended we were both bigger people for the experience. As my weight grew, a problem I can trace back to early childhood began to develop like an ill formed twin. My problem was negative thinking. I would often think and say things about myself that would bring tears to my eyes. Words such as “stupid” and “fat cow” come to mind as I type this, but these are probably the least abusive of what I thought of myself. Food became a panacea—a salve for hurts that I inflicted on myself.

Success comes at a price, isn’t that what the old adage says? The price I paid in order to get to a healthy weight was accepting the responsibility that I was solely to blame for my condition. I had mentally and physically abused my body by giving it foods that were not nutritious, and refusing to listen to it when it complained of its poor treatment. I will carry the scars of that abuse in the form of stretch marks over newly formed abs for as long as I live. They (stretch marks) will forever be reminders, should I ever forget how far I’ve come.

At first glance you might think that my success is simply that I’ve lost over 100 pounds and am no longer obese or even overweight according to most doctors charts. But that is only half my story. Immediately after reading Dr Atkins’ New Diet Revolution, I remember knowing with absolute certainty that one day I would be in a size 10 again. That was one of the few positive thoughts I’d had in years and I held on to it as if it were a life preserver throughout my journey.

I currently weigh 144.8 pounds and wear a size 8 woman’s and a 30 in men’s jeans. But even that small victory is not why I consider myself successful. I consider myself successful because I was kind to myself. For 19 months I looked at myself in the mirror and said “good going sweetie.” I congratulated myself when I passed on the movie popcorn (my favorite) and I rubbed the back of my own neck after I worked out particularly hard. I told myself ”soon” when I’d try on a new pair of jeans that still didn’t quit fit , and I told myself that tomorrow was another day when I ate too much. I stopped being afraid of food and I embraced it for its ability, when used properly, to make me feel healthy. I became my own best friend and trusted confidant. I learned to love Gabrielle…and in the midst of all that loving of me… I lost 105 pounds. Go figure.

4beans4me
Thu, Mar-10-05, 13:06
Wow Gab! Fantastic story! Thanks for sharing, and congrats again on your huge success! :bhug:

tamarian
Thu, Mar-10-05, 14:44
Way to go Gabrielle! :thup:

I stopped being afraid of food and I embraced it for its ability, when used properly, to make me feel healthy. I became my own best friend and trusted confidant. I learned to love Gabrielle…and in the midst of all that loving of me… I lost 105 pounds. Go figure.
Loved this part :)

Wa'il

Quest
Thu, Mar-10-05, 15:05
You story is very well written, in addition to being motivating. I continue to be impressed by you.

Petrina31
Thu, Mar-10-05, 15:57
That is awesome Gabrielle! Mad props to you girl. You look fabulous!

DaddioM
Thu, Mar-10-05, 22:01
WOOHOO!!!!! WTG GAB!!!!

Wow.. it's amazing how many times the journey ends up NOT being about the food, but about our journey to discover ourselves and who we want to be.

I'm sooo glad you found yourself.. and I'm glad to see your story here!!

Congrats again Gab!!!

Mike

GabrielleG
Thu, Mar-10-05, 22:06
Hey Everyone, thanks so much for taking the time to read my success story. I use to dream of one day sitting down and writing it and how wonderful it would feel when I was done. I reached goal in December so I figured I had procrastinated enough.

Gabrielle

toni5
Fri, Mar-11-05, 12:12
Your time spent thinking and dreaming about writting your success story was very well deserved. Extremely well written and truly inspiring.

Congratulations on your success and the rest of your life! ~toni

Qmass
Fri, Mar-11-05, 12:14
What a great story - thank you!

faith2004
Fri, Mar-11-05, 12:24
Beautiful story! Did you ever slip up and if you did, was it hard getting back on track?

mischa
Fri, Mar-11-05, 13:15
Congratulations Gabrielle...what an inspiration you are to us all :yay:

Nancy LC
Fri, Mar-11-05, 14:08
Congratulations!

And stretch marks, like bad memories, do fade with time. :D

triplemom
Fri, Mar-11-05, 20:17
Hey, Gabrielle! I've been out of sight, but you haven't been out of my mind! I love your story - it's from the heart. You are one beautiful lady, and I'm not just talking about physical beauty! Thanks for sharing your story.

Your friend,

Sweetcake
Fri, Mar-11-05, 22:24
Congratulatulations on exceeding your goal.... great story.... wishing you continued success!!

GinaLeanne
Fri, Mar-11-05, 22:33
You are such an inspiration!!!! I can feel the pain that you once had in the words that you used. You should be so proud of all the strength that you had to endure!!!

To make a "long story short" I hid from the world for the last 7 yrs.......after many trials and depressing episodes "I just wanted to hide".

I gained alot of weight by taking my son to Chuck e Cheese. I wanted to help him get over some things that had happened to him, and I would sit and eat pizza on almost every day off that I had..... we lived a block from there!!!

Thankyou again for all of your encouragement!!!"

You are awesome...........!!!! take care, Gina

Stylus
Sat, Mar-12-05, 09:56
A lovely story, Gabrielle. Very honest and thought provoking, and many things you mentioned struck a cord. Please let us know about anything that helped or hindered you on your journey, any tips or advice?
Karen

GabrielleG
Sat, Mar-12-05, 19:11
Oh wow, thanks for all the responses to my "success" story. I appreciate you all taking the time to read it. Karen I'll swing by your journal in a sec to answer your question but oh yeah I have had missteps. I feel sorry for anyone that hasn't personally I gain a lot of strength in knowing that I have fought my carb cravings and not only survived but thrived. I'll swing by your journal and answer in more detail.

From Stylus' Journal

The things that helped are fairly easy to list. I never gave up. I reread the book every so often and I never strayed far from the support of this forum. Hurdles however, were a learning experience.

The first hurdle I had to leap over was kicking the LC treats habits. I had a hard time getting my head around the fact that after over a year of not counting I had to start counting the sugar alcohols as carbs if I wanted to loose the last 20 pounds.

Another hindrance was my fear of the gym. I stopped going because I felt awkward using the equipment with other people around. I eventually did have to incorporate more exercise (along with walking) by using exercise videos. I did return to the gym at the beginning of this year and I love it.

When I realized that calories do count for me I went to the extreme. I lowered my calories to 1200 calories for an extended time to loose the last 20 pounds. The problem with doing this is that eventually my metabolism learned to function very well off the lower calories. If I ate something remotely off plan or salty my weight would shoot up by 3 pounds or more. This had a paralyzing effect on me because I was extremely fearful of moving through the phases as Dr. A instructs.

My solution was to remove the final hindrance from the equation. The scale. I put my scale in the garage and I only weigh in once a week now. Before, I weighed in daily. The body can and will go up in weight when you start moving up the carb later. If you do it slowly and as Dr A instructs the water should disappear as it did with me. Seeing my body’s every fluctuation made me not WANT to do anything that would make me gain weight. I’m sure the fluctuations are still there. I just don’t see them now.

Ohio Kim
Mon, Mar-14-05, 08:12
Congratulations.. You look incredible. I've also found this.. Your a celebrity.. :)

http://people.aol.com/people/web/yourdiet/ (http://people.aol.com/people/web/yourdiet/)

debmeg
Tue, Mar-15-05, 07:11
so much to relate to, and so much to be happy about! congratulations gabrielle - i already knew you'd reached goal but great to read your story...

florida_r
Tue, Mar-15-05, 16:40
You look awesome! Great job.

jaimejo
Tue, Mar-15-05, 16:46
That is one of the best stories I have read!!! Congratulations to you. You look AWESOME! :)

GabrielleG
Wed, Mar-16-05, 21:47
Thanks everyone for the great compliments and comments on my story. I think writing it was also part of the proccess. It's amazing how life affirming this whole process is.

nikotyme
Thu, Mar-17-05, 12:23
Wonderful Gabrielle, you look great and I know you feel just as great.

When we look back on all the years we wasted being out of shape and unhappy, it makes us wonder why we didn't smarten up sooner, but I guess some of us need to be at that do or die point before it clicks in, maybe after we finally hit the wall it helps us stay focused better on our healthier way of eating.

I try to find the reasons why I let myself get and stay so obese for the best years of my life and I really can't explain it to myself, I'm just glad that like you I finally realized that I was the only one who would be able to fix the problem and found a system that works and a place to come share my ups and downs with.

Bravo to you for having reached goal and beyond, patting you on the back and head and a great big hug for good measure.

bigjoe42
Fri, Mar-18-05, 09:57
Hi there Gabrielle,

Just thought i stop by and say hi...I have hit a wall and its been 2 weeks..As long as i dont gain thats ok.

So how's things going?

Any talk show offer's yet? lol

Later

Joe

Wolfie1
Fri, Mar-18-05, 11:15
What an awesome story! I really liked the part about being kind to your self....that's something that I'm going to have to think on. You look amazing by the way :)

GabrielleG
Sat, Mar-19-05, 19:09
Thanks everyone for your kind responses.

Nikotyme thats exactly what it was like getting to rock bottom or hitting a wall. It was almost like a natural thing to finally find a way that allowed me to loose and not make myself completely miserable in the process.

Joe the not moving for weeks on in was about norm for me. I had weeks were I lost at least 2 pounds a week and others when I lost absolutely nothing. I actually gained about 7 pounds in one week once only to have it gone the next week. I know you've heard this from me before but you gotta just keep on keeping on.

Wolfie isn't it almost shocking how hard it is TO be kind to ourselves? One of the things I noticed being larger was how invisible I was to the rest of the world. If I couldn't treat myself with kindness and respect how could I expect the same from a stranger?

Rachelle
Tue, Mar-22-05, 14:04
I just want to hug you!!! I can't believe i'm just getting around to reading this story.. your writing in itself is beautiful..and your openness and dedication and honesty.. I am very proud to say that I know you.. You are amazing Gabrielle..

Luv,
Rachelle

GabrielleG
Sat, Mar-26-05, 00:09
Thanks so much Rachelle, that means a lot to me. I still have trouble writing these days but I’ve been working at it and with a lot of hardwork and self editing I'm becoming proud of my work again. Still doing those darned three pages a day too;)

Gabrielle

slimmerme
Thu, Apr-07-05, 13:59
Beautiful! You sure are a success! Thanks for sharing your story.

Susan

PilotGal
Thu, Apr-07-05, 15:13
Just stumbled onto your story.
What a great story! The dedication, the promise to yourself..
What an awesome job.

I believe that's the way to win this battle.. to start loving yourself.

Lynne

Steph570
Sun, Apr-24-05, 15:19
What a wonderful story and congrats not only on your weight loss but also on finding yourself and learning to like you! I to battle this EVERYDAY! I can sympathize with the depression too becuase I have been battling what no one understands for years due to two very horrible relationships. You are truly an inspiration!! Thanks.

GabrielleG
Tue, Apr-26-05, 09:49
It's amazing how many of us battle some form of depression, isn't it Steph? Realizing that it was part of my problem was the first step but you never stop saying to yourself. Oopse, that wasn't a very nice thing to say about myself but it truly has become a rare occurrence that I have to do that.

swivlehips
Tue, Apr-26-05, 14:17
i realy enjoyed you story is made me more determined to get this of that i have been carrying around with me, me back kills me and my knees hopefully they will get better when i lose all this, you done well and hope i can do the same dont fall by the wayside after all you hard work

LCDancer
Tue, Apr-26-05, 16:57
Good for you! You look great!

muffles
Tue, Apr-26-05, 18:57
Wow great story! I am so impressed at the mental work you have done to lose the weight!

GabrielleG
Wed, Apr-27-05, 11:51
Swivlehips LCDancer and muffles thanks so much for reading my rather long story. I really appreciate the comments.

Swivelhips one of the best things about the weight loss is that my back and knees feel just wonderful. The knees got better after I had lost about 30 pounds, the back took much longer, I believe my problems steamed from my breast size unfortunately, those where the last to go. I didn’t see a marked improvement until I was about 20 pounds from goal. I had gone from a triple D to a D I think. My back never gives me problems now and I only feel a slight twinge in my knees when I run or go to heavy on the leg press. Never when I’m just walking.

Gabrielle

Kristine
Thu, May-05-05, 06:51
Wonderful success story, Gabrielle. :rheart: Your story made me realize something: very few, if any, of the success stories here are about willpower, dieting, and white-knuckling through Oreo-deprivation. It's really about facing your issues and learning to treat yourself properly. The food, cooking and exercise habits almost take care of themselves.

Much continued health and success!

frilly
Tue, May-10-05, 07:37
Thank you for a beautiful, eloquently written account, that not only explains the physical aspect of being over your ideal weight. When you share someone elses personal struggles, well, I’m new to all this but your piece fuels my own fire. Go girl and thank you again ;)

Si Belle
Tue, May-10-05, 08:33
Gabrielle,
What a story. Thank you for being so inspiring. Congratulations!

cathy44
Tue, May-10-05, 15:51
Dear Gab.. I read this story a couple of times a week because I find it sooo inspirational and helpful to me.. but I can't believe I haven't commented on it!!! Your story is so very touching and brave.. what you've accomplished for yourself is everyone's dream in life.. I am so proud to know you girl!!! Thanks.. for just being you!!!!

Cathy

actionjack
Sat, May-21-05, 10:49
Great story Gab, that's what dedication is about.

flopro
Wed, Jun-01-05, 10:40
Girl - you are so awesome. I read your story and I felt like someone was stepping on my toes. It really hit home. I am going to give this positive talk thing a try. :)
Thank you for sharing. I am sure you have touched a lot of readers that have not mentioned it--even so--you can know that your story definitely touched me and made a lasting impact.
Julie

GabrielleG
Sun, Jun-05-05, 18:47
Hey Folks thanks so much for reading my little story :D

Ohio Kim
Mon, Jun-06-05, 09:24
Gabrielle.. I loved reading your story.. Your a talented - beautiful - intelligent woman with a lot to be proud of. Your journey through weightloss was actual a journey through self-appreciation. I commend you for your honesty, determination and hard-work.

scthgharpy
Wed, Jun-08-05, 14:40
Fanstastic work-especially the part where you gained your self esteem back. Thats the most important part. You always were worthy, you just didnt think so.

And I would sell my grandmother for size 8 jeans..... someday soon!

veritas14
Wed, Jun-08-05, 16:35
Your weight loss and emotional journey are both very powerful. I just wish that more women would give themselves this gift.

martini77
Sun, Jun-12-05, 15:42
gab i read your storey i can relate to the mental abuse you gave to yourself things i have to change in my life but reading your storey is an insperation congrats on your weight loss we can achieve anything if we believe in ourselfs.

javadawg
Mon, Jun-13-05, 00:19
that was totally inspirational to me...it really makes me feel like i can do it. you are right about treating yourself differently and when you called yourself sweetie, i sware, it gave me a little tear. i guess i always have a negative thought when i look at myself in the mirror. congrats on the new inner and outer you!

catcookie
Wed, Jun-15-05, 14:41
Wow!! What an inspiration! I'm on week 1 of induction and seeing your sucess gives me hope!

Mel :)

GabrielleG
Mon, Jun-27-05, 10:18
Helloo everyone. I am so sorry I haven't had a chance to respond to all of the wonderful posts here. I went to New Orleans for a conference. Yes the land of carbs and fun! I had a blast though and I found myself talking a lot about the weightloss with people. I hope you all are doing well on you're journey and remember that it isn't just a step you take it's a plethora of steps that add up to success.
Gab

superaunt
Tue, Jun-28-05, 14:15
Gab, I just adore you for sharing this story -- gives me hope, you know.

You said something that, to me, is so true with any kind of success/happiness in life -- you gotta truly love yourself first. It may sound cliche, but I believe in that completely. And once I learned to really love myself, I found the man of my dreams (will he ever propsose though?!? ;) ). And now, I'm on my way to finding the healthy me, as well.

Thanks for sharing your amazing story!!! You are a gift! :)

fontayn!
Tue, Jun-28-05, 15:15
wow gabrielle
your story is not only very moving, but what an amazing writer you are!
this would be a wonderful personal interest piece for a magazine
and i am really thinking about what you said, about how true success is learning to love yourself, and manifesting that love by taking care of your health and preserving and protecting your physical and mental well being
thank you so much for sharing this story with us.
it is very inspiring.

IdahoSpud
Mon, Jul-04-05, 10:38
Hi Gabrielle,

It's interesting reading your success story. I get the feeling that you made the same sort of emotional discoveries along the way that I did. Congratulations on becoming more self aware, as well as for losing the weight. The journey is as interesting as reaching the goal, I think. Best wishes and a happy future to you! Mark

burgundy
Mon, Jul-04-05, 11:46
Great job!

SuperJenna
Wed, Jul-06-05, 20:33
You are inspiring! I love your story! You motivate me!

lizzyLC
Fri, Jul-08-05, 17:04
Congratulations Gabrielle !

That is so cool !

Reginia
Sun, Jul-10-05, 10:23
Wow, I am just seeing this. You are a true inspiration. I am going to come back to read this often.

:wave:

dreamseeds
Sun, Jul-10-05, 21:51
Beautiful Gabrielle

SusanKH
Thu, Aug-11-05, 18:32
Gabrielle,
You are still my hero, babe! You're doing such a great job of keeping it off! :thup:

bach
Wed, Oct-05-05, 21:24
Your story and pics are so inspiring. You look great Congrats

chriskar
Fri, Oct-07-05, 18:42
Congrats...hope to join you soon...not too sure about the sleeveless though...they were never my favourites...lol....but that may be due to my poor body image....we'll see

SusanKH
Tue, Oct-18-05, 15:54
Gabrielle,
I love reading your story. As you lost weight you gained wisdom. I know what you mean about undiagnosed depression. I think I often suffer from that now. Your story deeply affected me, not because you lost 105 pounds, which I need to do as well, but because you gained so many insights and learned to love and value yourself. Thank you so much for sharing,
Susan

burgundy
Thu, Oct-20-05, 07:39
What a fantastic and inspiring story...thank you for that. I too believe I had depression for years and years before I really undestood what exactly was wrong with me. I too get up everyday (even when depressed) and find a way to get thru everyday.

I'm glad you shared your story.

pookster
Thu, Oct-20-05, 08:26
Your story is amazing, inspiring and gives me the goose gumpies. You could have easily been describing my life as well...
Congrats all the way. You've come a long way babieeeeeeee. :wave:

Jonahsafta
Thu, Oct-20-05, 19:35
Gab....you are truly an inspiration!

jaybird
Sun, Oct-23-05, 07:04
Wow, what a great success and inspiration! Thanks for sharing your story.

mefalta
Thu, Oct-27-05, 17:18
Great story! I love reading success stories they always inspire me to stay on the wagon. I couldnt help but compare your initial struggle to one of my family members that I wish would look at he/her situation as you looked at it on that all might day of revelation we all seem to have before our weight lossing journey. I am truly impressed and you look amazing.

skeeweeaka
Tue, Nov-08-05, 00:32
This story is so very enlightening.... You are a terrific success. For the past 5 years I have been yoyoing back and forth....I lose weight and gain it back in the winter...and so it goes on year after year. I am tired of the battle, fatigued, tired of constantly thinking about food, and although I know I should, hate to give up sweets which are my enemy... I have marked this story to read during these dark, difficult, winter months. CONTRATULATIONS....ON LOVING YOURSELF...IN SPITE OF THE WEIGHT...

LadyAtkinz
Sat, Dec-10-05, 19:52
OMG!! GAB u look so great!! I feel like cryin' for U girl.Ur so beautiful! bye bye

free4good
Tue, Dec-20-05, 10:22
Wonderful Job.

You look great.

What exercise program did you start out with and what program are you doing now?

jazo
Tue, Dec-20-05, 10:40
I am so inspired to go on. I have been struggling to stay on Atkins. Thanks for sharing your life story. I am going to do it, despite the obstacles.

CorrieH
Tue, Dec-20-05, 19:01
Just want to give you a shout and say CONGRATS on all your success!!

~Corrie~

ArmyWife05
Sat, Dec-24-05, 14:35
Wow what an amazing story! That was very inspiring. Great job!!!

chadlling
Wed, Jan-04-06, 14:43
Congratulations... great post... great pictures... great success. You look fabulous!

Thanks for the inspiring story!

DHARMA BUM
Mon, Jan-16-06, 00:42
Wow thankyou soooooooooooo very much for sharing your success.....I really needed to read that tonight!!! You really have helped me...thankyou again

AlyssaF
Mon, Jan-23-06, 16:34
Your story is truly inspirational. I can relate to you in so many ways...I have tears in my eyes right now!

catcookie
Tue, Jan-24-06, 15:41
Gabrielle, I was wondering did you stay on induction longer than
2-weeks or did you go to OWL ?

Mel :)

Adangerz
Thu, Mar-09-06, 16:45
You brought tears to my eyes. Your own best friend, that indeed is what we all need to realize. Congratulations on your major success. You look beautiful and radiant with good health and happiness. I plan to have my own success story to tell one of these days.

A total stranger from California~

droppin
Thu, Mar-16-06, 07:10
WOW!!! that is awesome and a inspiration to me Congrats and hope I will be sucessfull as you

http://www.choosing2lose.com/ticker/4419633410c90/weightloss.png (http://www.choosing2lose.com/ticker/)

danyelle
Fri, Mar-31-06, 12:42
you are trully an inspiration. i hope to be a succuessful as you some day

inittowini
Sat, Apr-01-06, 11:22
i love you for that message, that brought tears to my eyes because i know exactly how you felt , because you were the me that i am getting together. I started Atkins 8 days ago and the restar5ting once i got to days three went on for months. day three my head hurt so badly i could barely lift it from the pillow, and i give in to stop the pain. But i was/am determined and so i came up with a plan and got some crystal lite and froze it in foam cups and got some excedrin, so when day three came with weakness, head-ache and all i marched to the freezer and sucked on the lemon -icy and guess what! i am on day eight and have lost 7lbs. i am so excited! and now after readiong your story i am encouraged even more. thanks. I just want to feel healthy inside again. Marching on to freedom

willjoa
Mon, May-15-06, 09:39
Gabby
(as if we're long lost freinds:0) Hey I'm impressed with your story. I began a few years ago, had a baby in the process and am now trying to get back on track. I hope you won't mind me emailing your for support and encouragement...you look great. How long did it take and what did you do when you stalled. I got excited reading your story so now I guess I will go and read all the things you've posted. [SIZE=3]You [B]rock doll!![/I'm soooooo motivated by your story. It's good to see a person that looks like me on the site and one that has experienced success on this journey!!

Way to go!!

littleebby
Tue, May-16-06, 18:12
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful story. I know it has inspired so many people on this forum. Especially me. With each word I read, I was you. Thanks so much for sharing your story and giving me hope. I am not dieting for anyone else but me this time and I know that I am worth it.

vsnowrn
Sun, Jun-04-06, 12:21
congrad :) :) :) :) that is so wonderful, I hope one day I can too write about a success story. 9 day in and already lost 12 lbs. I feel great and I feel like I am finial accomplishing my life long dream. To NOT be overweight

crazymama
Wed, Jun-07-06, 05:27
awesome story thank you for sharing

itsmelibby
Fri, Sep-22-06, 04:51
I am so envious .. I have fallen off the latter so many times, I have broken all will. MY depression as you talked about comes from never thinking I will make it. I think your story is wonderful. Have you kept the weight off ?
Just curious..

fishermom
Fri, Sep-22-06, 07:47
What a wonderful story. You are truly an inspiration to me.
I am glad you have made peace with yourself. As my husband and kids always tell me-"if mama ain't happy, nobody's happy"
:)
Congratulations and I wish you all the best and continued success!

*jen*
Fri, Sep-22-06, 12:42
Congratutions on your great accomplishment - you look wonderful! Your story is very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Rooley
Sat, Sep-23-06, 15:44
Gabrielle, congratulations, what a wonderful story, inspiring! x

ChaseZ
Tue, Sep-26-06, 09:35
Very well written - thank you so much for sharing your wonderful success and CONGRATULATIONS!!! =0)

saratea
Sat, Sep-30-06, 11:57
I really liked the last paragraph...congrats...so many us expect perfection through our journey and scold ourselves instead of reinforcing positivity...very inspirational.

Betty Doll
Mon, Aug-20-07, 08:56
:agree: :thup: Gabrielle, Your story is not only beautiful, but apparently, so are you; wise, loving and strong; very good writer, too! Congratulations on a complete success! My lesson in life to you is to moderate yourself, i.e., set your sites to stay in the middle of life. Be moderate. "Know your true limits and stay within those limits". Succeed at what is important and you, dear, are important!

alarionov
Mon, Aug-20-07, 13:50
Congradulations. I really love your story Gabrielle.

TinaBC
Fri, Aug-31-07, 15:15
Wow ! That is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing your story and being so honest. I hope to get back on track and be as succesful as you !

willjoa
Tue, Sep-04-07, 11:33
Gabby
What is your status now?

Betty Doll
Wed, Sep-05-07, 07:16
[I] :help: Congratulations !! What is your secret to success on low carb dieting? That is after such a long haul? Betty

tkldpink
Sat, Oct-06-07, 10:37
Hi,
I am a newbie, just started back this week. Any tips to how you made the plan work for you? I am an African American woman as well. At 246 lbs, I am trying again, so that I can start having some babies soon. My PCOS seems to be under control, but I have not lost any real weight (more that 5-10 lbs) in over a year. So I'm trying the LC again. Help!!!

kellyd23
Sat, Jan-19-08, 09:54
Gabrielle, thank-you for the story. I too want to loose 100 pounds and I will come back to this story when I'm feeling blue. And I will also atta girl me like you did as I tend to be mean to my own spirit too.