PDA

View Full Version : snacks

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KimUK
Sat, Oct-20-01, 03:19
:wave: Hi to you all

I am on day 1 of the induction and need snack ideas that I can take into work. My usuall snacks are yogurts and bananas, now I know these are not permitted on induction so any ideas?

fiona
Sat, Oct-20-01, 03:35
Welcome to the Forum.
:wave:

Good Luck on Induction. There are several discussions on Snacks and many ideas in the LC Kitchen.

This is a http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?threadid=13667 discussion we had about snacks here earlier.

Take care.

KimUK
Sun, Oct-21-01, 03:19
Thanks for the link some of it looks inteesting however not sure about the chocolate?

Day 2 of induction and not even hungry!

Kim

juicyjacki
Wed, Nov-21-01, 15:55
Hi

i have been doing this low carb since september. My main advice in the snack department are pork scratchings - check the label for added sugurs - but most are jyst loaded with salt to make you thirsty. Also I like packs of nuts - Brazils are only 3grams per hundred gram bag. They are sold in 100g bags in Asda and somerfield. Also Almonds and hazelnuts are pretty reasonable on the carb count too (about 6 / 7 g per 100g bag)

One really good thing to have is sugar-free jelly. They are cheap and pretty simple - and you can store a batch in the fridge to keep you going. Invest in some little bowl-size tupperware pots from poundland. My best advise is ARM YOURSELF! Never give in.

I found that i went from a triple decker sandwich, pack of crisps and a GIANT bag of m&ms - to eating very little. I hardly pick at all. It was strange at first as i sit behind a desk all day - being, well you know, bored! I used to pick like mad. Now i just eat a portion of meat, maybe a pack of pork scratching (instead of crisps) and a little bowl of jelly. I am satisfied after that. I find if i pick at a bag of brazils im so sick of chewing them i give in half way through the bag!

Let me know if you have come across anything good!