PDA

View Full Version : A lurker emerges.... :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nutbutter
Mon, Mar-07-05, 14:52
Hi. I thought i would introduce myself...I have been lurking for a while (during countless attempts to get started on the Zone) and just thought I would officially "come out"...

Like i said i am on the Zone - the Soy version....I have read countless of diet books and i have come to the conclusion that although it is regimented, it is the one i feel most comfortable with...

There is one problem...I commute to work and often don't get in until 8 - 9pm....so the dilemma is this: do i skip an evening meal but have a Zone friendly snack during my commute and a similar snack when i get home? Its not really in the Zone but during the week its the only option for me....is this bad?

Thanks!!! :)

finngal
Mon, Mar-07-05, 15:03
Hi and welcome!

My schedule has me "snacking" the right foods all day as opposed to 3 squares and snacks - I can't see why it would hurt anyone. Especially the later at night that it gets, ideally the less calories you should take in.

Many of us are living the "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen and dinner like a pauper" style.

Best wishes and congratulations on your success so far! :thup:

finngal

nutbutter
Mon, Mar-07-05, 15:11
Thanks for replying!

I guess the Zone (and all of these diets really....) is an ideal....at the weekends it possible to be perfect but during the week its not...

I will just do the best I can do!

:)