PDA

View Full Version : Anyone realize PCOS while on pill?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

48fan
Thu, Mar-03-05, 12:15
I was curious.

Long story short...I started periods when 11 but they were always irregular (several months between or several in one month), had severe cystic acne, etc.

Went on the pill at 18, and things seemed okay. I was on depo four years ago, switched to the pill for a year, depo for one year, and I've been back on the pill for almost a year now.

I got back on the pill because I noticed a 15 lbs weight gain in like 2 months on depo and breakouts were BAD. I thought the pill would fix it but since then I either don't have periods or they are only 2 days (but I get really unbearable cramping), but I did lose weight the first 2 months. My breakouts are bad(mainly on my chin), gained 14 lbs in 2 months just recently(LC is the only way I have been able to lose the weight), have a really bad upper lip mustache (and I'm all around a furry gal), skin tags are coming back (had a bunch removed about 4 years ago) and feel like my body is on a roller coaster. These are all things I haven't really experienced before or at least all together.

I know...talk to my doctor, which I have an appointment later this month. I'm just curious if anyone noticed symptoms while on the pill. It's been so long since I've been off, I'm thinking about going off to see what my body does but I'm not ready to get preggo. Thanks. (okay and the story wasn't so short) :p

jadefox26
Sat, Mar-05-05, 10:42
poor you, sounds like you're going through the mill a bit right now. I did go onto depo and I feel it made my PCOS MUCH worse. I use to break out and have a lot of body hair too.
I think you need to speak to your dr about the pill, maybe ask to go onto an oestrogen only one which would help with the skin and hair.
Good luck