PDA

View Full Version : Tips for getting rid of the GUT?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sugarjunky
Mon, Feb-28-05, 12:30
I do leg lifts, crunches, and hip extensions right now and was wondering if anyone could give me advice as to how to eradicate excess fat from the belly. Thank you in advance for any and all responses!

lilli
Mon, Feb-28-05, 17:25
If you wear size 4, i wouldn't imagine you have much of a gut. I see you have a baby; alot of women have problems EVER getting rid of that area after childbirth. For some, surgery is the only option. Other than that, diet & more ab exercises to firm up the muscle underneath the fat.
I have recently started using a sling (fabric armholders to do hanging ab work.) It is very painful and productive ab work. I would recommend it.

kbfunTH
Mon, Feb-28-05, 19:02
The only way to do it is by burning enough calories and maybe consuming less also.

Ab exercises are great for ab development and when done right, for improving conditioning and strength to the core. They will, however, not do much at all for getting rid of the fat.

wheels
Mon, Feb-28-05, 22:16
run, run, run run run run run, run fast, run faster and faster

watcher16
Mon, Feb-28-05, 23:42
What is your problem exactly, the fat under the skin of your belly or the fat in around your organs?

I have excellent abs (I hope) but in order to show them I have to burn the fat under the skin.

I also have an excellent fat depot of about 8-10 (or 6-8?) kg for bad times, stored in my nicely protruding gut.

To get that away is more a long term dieting problem for me. It goes, but very slooooow...

sugarjunky
Tue, Mar-01-05, 08:34
I run 30 minutes (a little over 2 miles) before my tummy workout. I hate hearing I have to reduce calories! I love eating, and staying LC, I've been slowly losing for 6 months. I started out a 10-12, but I hear the tummy is the last to go.

It's the fat under the skin. I'm just an apple, so the weight just stays there. I was hoping to burn all this off. It starts under my boobs and goes all the way down I can definitely pinch an inch all the way down! :lol: <--- not really funny. :o

watcher16
Tue, Mar-01-05, 11:40
I hate hearing I have to reduce calories! I love eating, and staying LC, I've been slowly losing for 6 months.
I you like to eat a lot you might try the warrior diet (see among the semi low carb plans)

The fat under the skin is easy for me, I read different from some others, they lost easy from within the belly. I think you are doing very well by slow loosing :)

dina1957
Tue, Mar-01-05, 12:05
It's the fat under the skin. I'm just an apple, so the weight just stays there. I was hoping to burn all this off. It starts under my boobs and goes all the way down I can definitely pinch an inch all the way down! :lol: <--- not really funny. :oAFAIK, fat distribution pattern is genetic and hormones related, so no amount of exercise can change it. If you are apple shaped you have an android body type meaning your fat is deposited around your waist easily than your hips and thighs. You can work around your shape but you can' escape it. Pear shaped women can't get rid of chunky lower body either. An inch is not that bad for a female especially if you had a baby, may be as you lose more weight, this subcutaneous fat will be reduced but I think it's a law of 1st hired last fired applies. ;) But there is also liposuction, so if you want abs as seen on magazines covers, you can try liposculting after you reach you desired weight.
HTH,
Dina

sugarjunky
Tue, Mar-01-05, 13:41
Eww, lipo, no way. I'll just grind away at the old exercise grindstone. ;)

sugarjunky
Tue, Mar-01-05, 17:54
So... What about muscles burning fat? Is that just a myth? You know, training your muscles to burn fat or calories faster?

kbfunTH
Tue, Mar-01-05, 20:00
Eww, lipo, no way. I'll just grind away at the old exercise grindstone. ;)

Good choice! You can do it regardless of your body type.

Your metablic rate will go up or down as your bodyweight changes respectively. The more muscle you add, the more calories they need to survive.

lilli
Tue, Mar-01-05, 22:26
So... What about muscles burning fat? Is that just a myth? You know, training your muscles to burn fat or calories faster?
No way, that's not a myth!!!!! A pound of muscle burns more calories than a pound of fat. If you build muscle (by lifting weights) you will increase your resting metabolism, and thus burn more fat. Instead of "running running running fatser and faster" you should consider integrating weight training into your program (unless it already is.)

sugarjunky
Wed, Mar-02-05, 10:57
It is!!! I runrunrun, then do reps*reps*reps! Thanks so much for all the helpful insight everybody! :wave: