PDA

View Full Version : Upside-down Breakfast Soufflé

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tamarian
Wed, Oct-17-01, 13:10
Auto generated link to page (Please do not remove): http://www.lowcarb.ca/karen/recipe055.html

ReneeTN
Tue, Feb-11-03, 22:20
Karen,

The upside-down Breakfast Souffle sounds wonderful! I plan on making it this weekend...

I have noticed in several of the recipes you show unsalted butter.... why unsalted?? is it just to reduce the amount of consumption? (sorry, a chef I'm not...LOL)...

If it hadn't been for the yummy things I have tried since I'm been on LC...I don't think I could have lasted.....thanks for all you do!!!

Karen
Wed, Feb-12-03, 00:37
is it just to reduce the amount of consumption?

Nope! Salted butter holds more water, so unsalted butter is more purely butter. It's why salted is cheaper than unsalted. If you melt the same amount side by side, you'll notice there is more water in the salted butter.

Salt is also a preservative, so you don't know how old salted butter is. That's why unsalted used to be found primarily in the freezer.

On a personal note, I prefer the taste. Even though I'm quite fond of salt - even have a collection from different places in the world - salted butter tastes caustic to me. I never use table salt at home - only sea or Kosher salt - and don't like it in my butter either.

Thanks for your compliments! Just think, if you lived in Vancouver, you could come to one of my LC cooking classes. :)

Karen