PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb Bars.....NOT!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

crg66
Wed, Oct-17-01, 07:02
The Lo-Carb bars that I thought had only 3g of carbs actually have an additional 20g of Hidden Carbs according to the Hidden Carb Counter!! I'm so dissapointed!

Can this be right? If so than I blew it yesterday!

Carolyn

r.mines
Wed, Oct-17-01, 07:18
Many people find that the 'hidden' carbs in the so-called 'low carb' bars stall them out. There has been an ongoing discussion on this site. If you run a search (find the 'globe' icon on the top of this screen), you'll find loads of discussion.

Rachel

Holly
Wed, Oct-17-01, 09:26
The bars were a big part of me going off the diet last year, because it "wasnt working".

I think that they are even more insidious than just 20 carbs. I think that what happened for me was the ones that tasted good were the ones that got me craving again. I would love to have something to eat that is quick and safe to eat when I am on the run, but the bars are not it.

Holly

BillT
Wed, Oct-17-01, 10:26
Originally posted by crg66
The Lo-Carb bars that I thought had only 3g of carbs actually have an additional 20g of Hidden CarbsWhich one (brand) were they?

crg66
Thu, Oct-18-01, 08:08
They are "Lo-Carb Ultimate 2" made by Bio-Chem